WE HAVE SEVERAL POSITIONS TO FILL ACROSS LATAM TO WORK REMOTELY!
The Microsoft 365 organization is looking for a talented senior applied scientist who are passionate about making a real impact on millions of people. You would work in an exciting and fast-paced environment, collaborating with engineers and scientists in multiple product teams across the company, including Microsoft Research (MSR). By analyzing and learning from massive data and applying the state of the art technology (e.g., deep learning, graph-based learning), you will improve the productivity of users around the globe by providing the right information at their fingertip in the right context; by making complex tasks faster, easier and more delightful. You will work as part of a team that brings together talents in the areas of big data, software engineering, machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, and trustworthy computing. We value and encourage diversity in the belief that it leads to both great workplaces and great products.
- Deliver NLP technology for search and AI assistant.
- Mining knowledge graph from unstructured big data
- Learning language/graph representations for better generalization
- Improve the offline experimentation platform for better quality and performance, and higher experimentation agility
- Push forward the frontier to scale NLP technology to multiple domains and languages/locales.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of research and development experience in natural language processing/machine learning
- 3+ years proficiency in C#, C++, Java, Python or Perl
- PhD is strongly preferred
- Expertise with deep learning frameworks and methods such as TensorFlow & PyTorch
- Experience with (1) NLP areas such as NER and entity linking or (2) graph-based learning (3) Time series analysis is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have solid academic and/or corporate research background. Industry or other practical experience highly desirable.
- Proven ability to independently conduct research and address issues ranging from fundamental algorithm development/implementation/optimization to driving eventual product outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.