To support the ongoing development of the global analytics team Dentons is currently recruiting a global business data analyst. This position will report to the Global Director for Client Reporting & Analytics with main stakeholder groups being global clients & markets teams, key account client teams, global business leaders and regional business insight teams.
The global business data analyst will be responsible for providing support to the business in relation to the analysis and manipulation of client based financial data and the deployment of reporting tools to support global financial and client reporting, as well as other data-related initiatives. The right candidate will also be expected to work closely with the global technology team to bridge the gap between IT and the business, and the global finance transformation team, and in particular the 'record to report' team, to align new metrics being introduced as part of Dentons implementation of 3E as well as representing the global client reporting requirements from the transformation program.
As Dentons transitions to a data driven organisation, this role is an ideal opportunity for a motivated, detail orientated, data focussed specialist to influence the embedding of analysis into the decision making process of leadership in the worlds leading law firm.
The role is a global role and will require strong communication skills to work with Dentons members from around the world and across time zones.Why Dentons is different
The legal profession is changing rapidly and Dentons is leading the way in advancing change for the benefit of our clients. We are driven to challenge the status quo, delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value to our clients in new and innovative ways.
This role offers the successful individual the chance to play a significant role and make their mark in driving the successful implementation of a transformative Business Intelligence capability within Dentons.Key Deliverables
Working with the global analytics team and key stakeholders:
- Design and execution of ongoing data quality and completeness monitoring processes
- Improved processes for the accurate capture of data at source
- Delivery of business insight based on analysis of data, identification of trends, anomalies
- Delivery of self-guided analytics to support global client, client, area of law, geography, practice group, sector, industry, regional lines of enquiry
- The provision of ad hoc support to decision makers facilitating Dentons to become a data driven organisation through having access to timely data that is both reliable and able to be interpreted by senior stakeholders
- To ensure that the process for the extraction of data from underlying systems and the collation of that data into our global database is efficient, monitored and reconciled. This will include playing a critical role in the extension of our global reporting capability to all member firms across Dentons.
- To work with the technical reporting team to ensure all data used from the Enterprise Data Base is reconciled as it is transformed and regions and global teams have complete transparency of the data back to source systems
- To understand and work with the global analytics team to enhance the end to end business insight solution, to include the management/governance and control of data, consistent application of the access and security models, ensuring data consistency across all systems
- To provide insight from the global data, identifying trends in our data, identifying opportunities and to support our key stakeholders with specific lines of enquiry
- To ensure all key stakeholders are fully aware of the resources available to them and fully trained in their use
- To work with the data stewards and transformation data teams to ensure that data clean up activity delivers business benefit to support better decision making
- To create and manage such documentation and on-line tool support text as necessary
- To proactively review and incorporate cross regional working data, partner credit data, key performance indicators and global measures into regular reporting and insight
- To support the investigation of the use of AI within Dentons to leverage information held in unstructured data sources
- To create the processes to bring together varying data sources within PowerBi
- To identify and scope and then collect the data required to generate new metrics, to include documenting definitions of new metrics, working alongside other key stakeholders
- To provide support to the decision makers in Dentons through responding to requests for information/analysis and proactively guiding stakeholders to self-help tools as appropriate
- To embrace ongoing change and improve both process and quality of deliverables, providing clear explanations and training as changes are rolled out.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Strong and personable communication skills, with business international level of English – both written and oral.
- Demonstrable success of working within a team, meeting shared goals
- Demonstrable and progressive experience in the areas of data manipulation and analytics,
- A fastidiousness for accurate, reconciled analysis with the personality to not rest until imbalances are found
- Experience of influencing and engaging stakeholders, including building and managing relationships within a diverse global firm.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting demands.
- Strong intellectual rigor and commercial awareness.
- Strategically focused, results driven.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills, thinking outside of the box to deliver the desired result
- Solutions orientated with the ability to address problems by gathering relevant information and formulating alternatives
- Structured, collaborative, accurate and flexible, with a drive to perfection
- Ability to act as a liaison conveying information in suitably accurate models between the Business and their counterparts within Information Technology. The scope of this information includes business requirements, data constraints, business rules, models of strategy and motivation, processes, accountabilities, and many other business and IT operational needs
- Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to Dentons and to high-priority business issues
- Ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Skills to create and amend PowerBi visualisations, paginated reports and SSRS reports
- Experience of working as a data/business analyst for an international organisation /international project,
- Experienced in creating both functional and non-functional documentation, including data maps, data governance documentation, specifications documents and training materials
- Data Analytics tools, Microsoft tools expertise, to include Office, in particular Excel, and PowerBi
- MS Azure SQL; Visual Studio; DevOps; DAX
Applications from current residents in the following countries, will be considered:
Europe, Africa, Latin AmericaDisclaimer: Please ensure when applying for this role that you are legally eligible to work/live in your preferred location. Visa sponsorship or relocation costs will not be provided
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.Equal Opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.Reward and Recognition
Remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidates experience and country where