Offered.ai is helping Lincoln Financial Group find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about Lincoln Financial Group and the role.
Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Work from Home
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
The Role at a Glance
This position in Retail Solutions Data Science will spearhead the development of data science applications across multiple business units including operations, customer service, underwriting, new business, and distribution. We are looking for a senior data scientist with experience building production ready machine learning models for enterprise scale to help lead transformative change within a F200 company. This role will be responsible for managing the full life cycle of projects, contributing to the design and build of a Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) framework for continuous deployment of data science algorithms, and collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the business and IT.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for end-to-end project execution, from understanding the business challenge to model prototyping and deployment, while effectively communicating with stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Develop and implement a robust MLOps framework alongside ML Engineers to create, build, and deploy data science algorithms, enabling continuous testing and experimentation.
- Develop reusable modules and components to streamline the machine learning process; with a focus on architecting and implementing production-ready solutions with engineering excellence and quality control.
- Comfortable moving quickly in an iterative environment to design and execute proof of concept (POCs) to gain early buy-in from stakeholders.
- Heart of a teacher willing to share knowledge to help upskill junior team members while also being an autonomous individual contributor.
- Effectively communicates with internal stakeholders and management with the ability to deep dive in technical conversations while also able to relate information to non-technical audiences.
- Research existing and emerging best practices in data science application development to apply to our processes.
- Collaborates with IT security teams to ensure that all data and models are stored and transmitted securely, in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders to enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in a cloud environment within a Data Science team focused on building Machine Learning models for production and experience working alongside ML Engineers, DevOps, and IT teams (required).
- Ability to balance building robust end-to-end pipelines for the long-term and a “good enough” mentality in the short-term; great at understanding what’s feasible from a technical perspective.
- Comfortable working with and building functional, dynamic code for reusability and scalability within interconnected systems.
- Understanding of software engineering principles, ability to develop and deploy appropriate analytic code suitable for production; including unit testing and partnering with ML Engineers and DevOps to conduct performance testing.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Python preferred); comfortable working with CI/CD pipelines and Git (branching, committing, pull requests, etc.), and a working knowledge of MLOps.
- Good knowledge in working with distributed datastores (e.g., SQL, NoSQL) and cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and their development, validation, and applications; including GLMs, random forest, clustering, gradient boosted trees, and natural language processing techniques including familiarity with large language models.
- Open and willing to accept feedback from other team members and apply it to their daily work.
- Passion for problem-solving collaboratively and a willingness to be persistent.
- Prior experience working in the insurance space or other regulated environment is preferred.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range:$105,301 - $190,000
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group helps people to plan, protect and retire with confidence. As of Dec. 31, 2022, approximately 16 million customers trust our guidance and solutions across four core businesses – annuities, life insurance, group protection and retirement plan services. As of September 30, 2023, the company had $290 billion in end-of-period account balances, net of reinsurance. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. Learn more at LincolnFinancial.com.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook, X, LinkedIn, and Instagram. For the latest company news, visit our newsroom.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.