In today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape, an organization’s data has never been a more important aspect in achieving mission and business goals. Our data exploitation experts work with our clients to support their mission and business goals by creating and executing a comprehensive data strategy using the best technology and techniques, given the challenge.
At Steampunk, our goal is to build and execute a data strategy for our clients to coordinate data collection and generation, to align the organization and its data assets in support of the mission, and ultimately to realize mission goals with the strongest effectiveness possible.
For our clients, data is a strategic asset. They are looking to become a facts-based, data-driven, customer-focused organization. To help realize this goal, they are leveraging visual analytics platforms to analyze, visualize, and share information. At Steampunk you will design and develop solutions to high-impact, complex data problems, working with the best and data practitioners around. Our data exploitation approach is tightly integrated with Human-Centered Design and DevSecOps.
We are looking for seasoned Data Engineer to work with our team and our clients to develop enterprise grade data platforms, services, and pipelines. We are looking for a more than just a Data Engineer, but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data and problem solving.
- Lead and architect migration of data environments with performance and reliability.
- Assess and understand the ETL jobs, workflows, BI tools, and reports
- Address technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of data products
- Experience in crafting database / data warehouse solutions in cloud (Preferably AWS. Alternatively Azure, GCP).
- Key must have skill sets – Python, AWS
- Support an Agile software development lifecycle
- You will contribute to the growth of our Data Exploitation Practice!
- US Citizen Only
- Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
- 5+ years industry experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems.
- 5+ years direct experience in Data Engineering with experience in tools such as
- Big data tools Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- AWS cloud services EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift (or Azure equivalents)
- Data streaming systems Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Search tools Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring and optimization (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Eperience manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis
- Experience constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment
- Experience with data modeling tools and process
- Experience architecting data systems (transactional and warehouses)
- Experience aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience supporting project teams of developers and data scientists who build web-based interfaces, dashboards, reports, and analytics/machine learning models
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http//www.steampunk.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.