Are we a perfect match?
Working for Volvo Group IT Center of Excellence means breaking new grounds, investigating and exploring ways of working and new techniques.
With us, you have the possibility to specialize within a certain area of interest and you will be an important contributor in making the Volvo Group succeed, meaning you will work and co-operate with stakeholders and peers all over the Volvo Group.
We are already at the forefront when it comes to technology and building future mobility solutions, and we believe having engaged employees is the key to our success. We value flexibility and work life balance, and in return we ask for your commitment in order to make this happen.Have you heard about the Center of Excellence at Group IT?
We support the Volvo Group Mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions. At the Center of Excellence, we aim to contribute to the mission by delivering digital expertise, emerging technology know-how, and best practice and methods. We continually strive to be the trusted partner in the digital transformation of the Volvo Group.
The Center of Excellence is a unit at Group IT a large multi-cultural organization with 800+ employees and 150+ contractors located mainly in 7 countries Sweden, Poland, India, France, US, Brazil, USA, and Belgium.
Within the COE there are individual centers of excellence for Emerging Technologies & Architecture, BI & Analytics, SAP, Document Management, Project Management Practice, Consulting & Change Management, Development Practice, as well as the Volvo Group IT Function Cyber Security.Who are we?
We are a team that is passionate about data and what we do. Being an enabler for Volvo Group digitalization journey by bringing value out of data.Role description
As a Data Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to grow within the area of Data focusing on information management and data analysis. The role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your competencies within the scope of data analysis, and you will play a crucial role in our journey to make Volvo a Data-driven organization. Also, you will be able to get a clear and deep understanding of the business, its processes, and the needs associated with your competence area.The ambition for this role
is to be a member of the delivery team, providing the business solution in the information, data area with the benefit for TD/BA, coaching all related organizational units with guidance in the field of Big Data and Advanced Analytics.The job mission
is to extract and structure data using specialized analytics tools, analyze business opportunities, problems, and factors that drive them, and analyze financial or operational impact. Use, adapt standard, summary reports and executive-level presentations to direct business strategy.Your responsibilities will be to:
Recommended Qualifications and Skills
- Understands business problems and designs end-to-end analytics use cases;
- Understands business requirements, KPIs and convert into analytical hypothesis in a structured and logical manner along with solution identification.
- Interacts with clients to understand requirements and transform their questions and issues into an analytical solution.
- Applies statistics and mathematical models to understand and solve business problems on data. This may include improving on-time performance, network planning, etc.,
- Conducts analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Collaborates with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Approaches high-level challenges, employing the right approach/methods to maximize time and human resources.
- Adopts new technologies and discoveries to technical and non-technical audiences in a language they can understand.
- Understands the way your chosen industry functions and how data are collected, analyzed and utilized.
- Academic degree in statistics or similar field
- Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insight from large datasets.
- Strong conceptual understanding of machine learning algorithms including linear regression, logistic regression, decision tree, random forest, topic model etc.
- Experience working with and creating data models.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (regression, classification, clustering, time series, neural network, etc.)
- Knowledge of advance statistical techniques and concepts (distribution, statistical tests, etc.) with limitation and proper use.
- Knowledge and Experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Tress, Text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Should be able to perform data mining, data cleaning for structured and unstructured data
- Exposure to data visualization tools,
- Exposure to Analytics Platforms and technologies
- Develop and implement databases, data collection/extraction programs for primary and secondary data sources
- Ability to present a business case to decision-makers.
- Knowledge from one or several; R, SQL, Python, Scala, Java, or C++ is highly desirable
- Experience using business intelligence fronend tools (e.g. Clik View/Sens; Power-BI)
- Experience using Azure
We search for passionate people who want to help us make the transportation industry sustainable. We believe you are a team player with excellent communication skills who is strong in building relationships. The ability to work in fast-paced, action-oriented environment and ability to understand and digest complexity is key. We continuously strive for improvement and need pragmatic, result oriented, self-going people who live the Volvo Group values.Curious about getting to know more? Contact us on:
Hiring Manager: Mathilda Janson, phone: +46 31 323 39 47Union representatives:
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen – Johan Svedberg +46 31 3222712
Ledarna – Ulrika Holmberg +46 73 9025071