To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job DetailsAbout Salesforce
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is embarking on our own Digital Transformation to deliver customer success for our customers and accelerate our growth. A key pillar of this transformation is building a strong data foundation to support all of our core marketing needs through intelligent data sets as a service.
We’re looking for an experienced and committed data engineer to build data pipelines and metrics for sales and marketing organization. In this role, you will work with business partners across Marketing functions to understand business needs, translate them to technical requirements, wrangle data from various systems, and design automated data pipelines to drive insights. You will work with internal technology groups to automate the data collection and definition process.
The right candidate will have strong data architecture, ETL, SQL and a proven track record working with enterprise metrics to build automated data pipelines. The candidate will also have strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, expertise building repeatable data engineering processes, strong project management skills, and a vision for how to deliver data products. Experience with marketing and sales data and metrics is a huge plus.Responsibilities
Actively develop, enhance and maintain data pipelines and workflows for marketing data and metrics.
- Work with marketing teams across the organization and build data metric requirements, build quick POC’s, document functional and technical requirements.
- Develop ETL pipeline from Oracle system to Snowflake.
- Develop the framework in Snowflake to automate the ETL process.
- Develop DBT ETL pipelines for data ingestion and transformation that are currently within Informatica.
- Maintaining , deploying and code versioning the ETL process.
- Using GIT CI/CD for Devops.
- Work with the business partners, analyze the metrics and build data insights.
- Help in building POC solutions for new marketing metrics that drive effective decision making.
- Design & develop easy, repeatable and reusable automation data frameworks.
- Responsible for end-to-end data management activities, including but not limited to platform analysis including tuning performance issues, monitoring applications, analyzing logs and performing system operations.
- Handle business intelligence and data warehouse plans across Marketing
- Review and validate logical and physical design to ensure alignment with the defined solution architecture. Review solution design and ensure that the defined standards and framework are followed.
- Evaluate and determine root cause and resolve production issues.
- Work with internal team members and external partners to support data collection and analysis and understand reporting needs
- Collaborate with other development groups to deliver coordinated software solutions.
- Work and collaborate with global teams across North America, EMEA and APAC.
- Lead technical consultant(s)
- A Related Technical Degree
- 7+ years related information systems experience in data engineering, data modeling, automation and analytics
- Deep understanding of data engineering concepts, database designs, associated tools, system components, internal processes and architecture. .
- Experience working as a technical lead/solution architect in a customer-focused team
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Team-first mentality. Excellent social skills in order to build tight-knit relationships that will be essential for the success in this role.
- Must be able to strategically communicate status and identify risks
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information and with minimal direction
- Well versed with Snowflake.
- Experience with ETL technologies like Dbt, Informatica.
- Proficiency with SQL, Bash and Python scripting using data libraries like Pandas.
- Airflow, CI/CD pipelines via Jenkins or similar tools, Github
- AWS technologies like ECS, Cloudwatch and Lambda.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau,Salesforce analytics solution is a plus.
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams preferred.
- Experience with Marketing technology and work is a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $220,000.
For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $183,400.
For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $201,700.
For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,000 to $220,000.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.