- Python, SQL, SAS Experience
- Top Tier Banking Operating Systems
- Working Location: HSBC Centre
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We’re currently seeking an experienced professional to join the HSBC team.
Data Analytics jobs may be located in a variety of areas of HSBC, they may be located in projects, dedicated data analytics teams or business unit BAU teams. Where these may be in teams or departments carrying out specialist work such as product sales or risk, the holder is expected to have expertise in the field. Data Analytics jobs may report to business managers or senior data professionals, or be accountable to a team or entire department. The principal accountability would be to generate customer lists and analytics to support campaign management, business activities, projects, product planning, sales activities, performance measurement, regulatory requests and decision making. The job will involve most or all of the following activities:
- Consult with stakeholders to determine data requirements.
- Generate data from relevant HSBC systems as well as external sources.
- Participation on the design and delivery of campaign management
- Conduct analysis to detect trends and anomalies
- Suggest remedial actions or escalate detections which give cause for concern
- Share information with stakeholders in suitable forms, these may be charts, tables or templates
- Participate in forums, meetings or events to interpret data and support decision making
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent, in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Management, Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience in data analysis or database management experience
- Solid Experience of programming experiences with Python, SQL, SAS
- Knowledge of external cloud such as Google Cloud
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal skills are required, including the capacity to articulate the case for information management in the language of business.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal or external stakeholder
- Spoken and written English, Chinese and Mandarin is a plus
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
For all interested parties, please send your CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or click 'Apply Now'.