Asset Reference Data Services (ARDS)
ARDS was created with the mission to help improve the quality, integrity, and reliability of the firm's critical data covering the Instrument and Pricing domains and sits within Securities Services. The organization's objectives are to deliver business impact through fit-for-purpose data, improve data capabilities across multiple lines of businesses (LOBs), implement data controls, and deliver reference data. ARDS establishes expectations that drive consistent data governance practices, develops technologies and processes to support data governance capabilities, partners with LOBs to embed data governance best practices and capabilities, and ensures sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the ability to manage data.
Within ARDS, the Instrument Reference Data Operations teams provide high quality Reference Data to its subscribers from major external market providers under a single operating model. Asset prices and instrument attributes are sourced, validated, mastered and distributed via J.P. Morgan's strategic Reference Data architecture and is used for trading, risk management, fund valuation, settlement and regulatory reporting. Role Description
We are seeking a seasoned Data Analyst in operations at Team Lead level based in Hyderabad, India . The role involves managing data quality exceptions for reference data, reviewing data to identify trends and patterns that support in amending existing Data Quality rules or creation of new rules, working alongside a team of data analysts. The role will work closely with professionals across Instrument and Pricing Reference Data. The individual will ensure a robust control framework and effective global operating model are being used to service businesses.
- Responsible for following the global operating model is effectively servicing the instrument and pricing requirements strongly focused on Securities Services and Markets business at JPM
- Analyzing data using various tools with an end result of enhancing data quality across critical reference data parameters for various asset classes. Work with the team responsible for the creation/maintenance and management of exceptions of instrument reference data on our core platforms
- Ensure proper controls are in place to reduce financial risks, implement procedures to enforce controls and ensure controls are adhered to
- Contribute to ongoing developments of the instrument control process
- Support Ad-hoc project work and product releases as and when required
Good to Have
- Applicants must have a degree (in Finance or Technology) or equivalent
- At least 3-5+ years' work experience in Financial Services is required, with some experience in Instrument Reference Data
- Strong market data vendor knowledge/experience, i.e. Bloomberg, Refinitiv is required
- Experience in data quality projects/ initiatives within reference data space
- Knowledge of industry activities, corporate actions, index tracking and capital markets is required
- Strong communication skills in order to interact with multiple stakeholders including business and product teams
- Comfortable with advanced MS excel functions
- Strong understanding of one or more broad financial instruments such as Fixed income, equity, derivatives etc.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Flexible to work in EMEA time zone
- Good understanding of databases, data models and data structures
- Working knowledge of Dashboard tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik) preferred
- Working knowledge of data languages (SQL, Python, R) preferred
- Working knowledge of data management tools (Denodo, Talend, Alteryx) preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Power Suite (Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate) preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.