Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Supply Chain Data Analyst to our location in Renton, WA.
This position supports the Manager, Supply Chain Decision Support in managing system-wide contract related information for the Providence Supply Chain Management Department, the Office of Supply Chain Management (OSCM), and the PHS Resource Councils. This includes supporting negotiations and monitoring compliance for system-wide contracts, the analysis of contract utilization and proposal data, and formulating recommendations. This position will interact with national Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s) and/or manufacturers to resolve contract-related issues, work with various sources to obtain product information, and investigate potential contracting opportunities as directed by the Manager of Supply Chain Decision Support. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to analyze and comprehend large amounts of data, create basic to complex reports, charts, and graphs from various sources of healthcare information and effectively facilitate discussions with decision-making bodies.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze data related to system-wide proposals and contracts. Work with the Manager of Supply Chain Decision Support in the preparation and presentation of recommendations to department staff, and system-wide Resource Councils regarding utilization trends, contract proposals and renewals, and opportunities for further program development
- Assist in tracking system-wide supply chain savings and the progress of One Supply Chain initiatives, GPO contracts, and Resource Council initiatives.
- Create ad hoc queries and reports or provide quantitative data to meet data needs of the business unit or department.
- Align supply chain management decisions with reimbursement using a working knowledge of federal reimbursement programs to create effective financial impact projections.
- Monitor system-wide group purchasing volumes to ensure compliance with contracts and with department policies and objectives.
- Compile information, prepare and distribute reports, including regular activity reports, contract proposal and utilization analyses, periodic summary reports, and special reports, as assigned.
- Design, analyze and share results of information surveys and contract proposals as assigned. Evaluate results, prepare and present cost analyses, and make recommendations.
- Use and support Marketplace@Novation (or other applicable E-commerce purchasing and reporting tools) and MD Buyline. Maintain working knowledge of PROVConnect (PHS Enterprise Resource Planning software), ECRI and Hyperion. Distribute information from these sources to Resource Councils as required.
- Work to further develop and improve the PHS contracting portfolio at the direction of the Manager of Supply Chain Decision Support.
- Ability to pull, transfer, arrange and utilize data from several sources including, but not limited to, Lawson Materials Management database and item master and vendor information.
- Assess current database management capabilities and needs, and make recommendations regarding existing and potential new applications.
- Assist in the development and/or preparation of department programs, policies and procedures, projects, budgeting, chronicles, and annual report. As a primary focus, this includes the support and development of departmental and System Strategic planning initiatives.
- Interact with professional associations, vendors, suppliers, other facilities, and Providence Health System staff. These contacts are required to plan and oversee quality assurance, supplier & service contracts and overall efficacy of system-wide contracts.
- Support and incorporate the Providence Mission and Core Values into daily activities.
- All other duties or assignments as directed by the Manager of Supply Chain Decision Support.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- B.A./B.S degree in business, or the equivalent
- 2 years of analytics and reporting, or related work experience, preferably in a materials management or group purchasing environment, which has demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills, or the equivalent
- Effective use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- MS Access skills are highly desirable
- Experience with Lawson Procurement is highly desirable
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Req ID: 258873