About The Role And Attributes
Giant Eagle is revolutionizing its customer experience through bringing to market a highly rewarding and personalized shopping experience. The Customer Intelligence team plays a key role in helping drive this experience by creating foundational data science tools & data products. We team represent the voice of our customers. Customers share their story with us each day, and it is our job to tell their story.
Our advanced decisioning team is known for solving customer problems, employing the most appropriate statistical and analytic approaches. You will be hands-on and leverage our massive data sets, using the full suite of technical and visual tools R, Python, Tableau, Excel, SQL, Power BI (and other internal tools) to create timely, relevant, and actionable insights.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Become familiar with our data assets, measurement techniques, QA processes, and overall analytic capabilities
- Help establish a center of excellence for customer measurement to ensure we are framing up measurement solidly from input to execution
- Build out more advanced approaches to elevate our measurement practice
- Partner with the GE Customer Intelligence team directly deliver measurement needs around key customer initiatives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Natural curiosity that welcomes and embraces change and willingness to try new things and to fail.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and within a cross-functional team.
- Strong narratives with impact (why, what, how) to influence decision making
- Work with GE HQ to identify opportunities, leverage commonalities and ensure proactive solution build and delivery
- Establish and maintain operational,financialand business metrics
- Challenge the status quo to add diverse perspectives to solve complex business problems with a keen sense of curiosity, understanding, bias to action, and customer needs, and deliver objectives with superior quality
- Pursue self-development; seek performance feedback; adapt and learn from change
- Masters Degree- Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Finance, Quantitative fields of study
- Experience in research / leading customer insights with an end-to-end understanding of quantitative studies (design, survey, analyze, report, recommend)
- Preferable 3+ years in retail
- Sharp analytical bent of mind along with good business acumenand understanding
- Demonstrated abilities to lead/partner with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels in the organization
- Demonstrated work experience of working closely with senior leadership
- Strong work ethic based on desire to exceed expectations
- Strong Data visualization skills; Strong retail knowledge
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong business understanding and know-how; connect the dots and translate the why
- Strong interpersonal and influencing abilities and superior liaising skills
- Strong communication skills manage upwards, peers and HQ teams