Vision Group Canada (VGC) oversees and manages a network of Canada’s leading vision correction providers. Among its brands is LASIK MD, our mother brand and a well-known national provider of laser vision correction and intraocular lens implant procedures. Since first opening our doors more than 20 years ago, it’s been our mission to encourage people to discover clear vision with our safe, affordable, and life-changing procedures. Today, we operate more than 40 clinics from coast to coast across the country. As a business, VGC is stronger than ever, continually growing and evolving to meet an increase in demand.
Vision Group Canada (VGC) is currently looking for a highly motivated, creative and innovative individual able to work in a stimulating and ever-evolving environment to find solutions essential to VGC’s success.
You will be part of the business analytics team, a cross-functional group within the finance team, that mainly supports business partners from the marketing, operations, procurement and f inance departments.
The ideal candidate is experienced in data manipulation, possesses sharp analytical skills and excels in organizing and presenting data in a structured and meaningful way. He/she is comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial environment. Being solution-oriented, rigorous and highly organized are key success factors.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Group Benefits adapted to your needs
- Telemedecine services and employee assistance program
- Work-life balance, plus summer schedule
- Possibility to grow and learn in a dynamic, growing company
- Free LASIK surgery for our employees
- Employee Wellness Program, subsidized at 50%
- Virtual happy hours, games, and other social activities
- Create and maintain Tableau dashboards
- Extract, analyze and organize large amounts of data
- Synthesize data and create meaningful reports to support decision-making
- Develop models to help forecast and anticipate results using data trends
- Propose innovative ways to improve how KPIs are presented and communicated
- Proactively identify significant trends and highlight these to their business partner in a timely manner
- Participate in preparation of management presentations needed for recurring business review and board meetings
- Enrich data with possible additional data points not “easily available”
- Strive to automate repetitive tasks to allow the team to focus on value-add activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or another analytical field
- Experience with Tableau Software
- Good understanding on data visualization best practices
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts (data joins, data quality checks, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel (Pivot Tables, Power Query)
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Rigorous, solution-oriented, customer-focused, collegial attitude, and quality driven
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Additional tools such as Alteryx Designer, R and/or Python are an asset