Why choose for Eneco?
The world in which we live is constantly changing. As a driving force in the energy transition, Eneco is the first to deal with new sustainable energy sources and new ways of energy storage and management. At the same time, our customers are also changing rapidly. The digital consumer wants quick, seamless, and relevant contact. To excel in this dynamic environment, we also need to transform ourselves. All IT functions have recently been bundled in a central unit, the Business Technology Organization (BTO). In this way we can prioritize better, learn from each other, inspire each other, and together create maximum value for Eneco.
What are you going to do?
Toon, our smart thermostat, is currently installed in more than 350,000 households across Europe. This means we have access to a huge amount of unique data. Next to this, the vast majority of Eneco consumers has smart energy meters installed in their home. This is our second source of big data.
From this data you will extract knowledge and develop algorithms for new tools or applications to complement our existing services such as Waste Checker and Boiler Monitor. Collaborating closely with business, engineering and UX colleagues, you will solve problems for our end users.
You are responsible for:
- Creating new functionalities for our products and services by defining algorithms and models;
- Empathizing with the user, identifying ideas for new features, defining hypotheses, and validating them with data analysis;
- Translating data into meaningful insights;
- Translating models and analyses into visual and understandable presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Enabling data driven solutions to solve business problems with an incremental approach;
- Contributing to advancing Data Science as a discipline within Eneco.
What do you bring?
You love to build models that work in a production environment and add value for an end-customer. You are a team player and like to contribute to an end-to-end solution in a multi-disciplinary team. You have an intrinsic motivation to solve complex problems and develop algorithms that can process large amounts of data. However, you also know when a simple SQL query or advanced deep learning model is the best solution to a practical problem!
You have a data driven mindset and you know how to create visualizations from data in order to tell a story. You are comfortable discussing details with your expert colleagues, as well as communicating your findings in layman's terms. Finally, you enjoy to keep on learning and get yourself acquainted with the latest technology.
- You're filled with joy when you see happy end-users using features you've developed;
- You like to stay up to date with state-of-the-art methods and are eager to learn new skills;
- You like to craft code of high quality;
- You understand the strengths and weaknesses of different models and can independently choose the right approach;
- You have great communication skills;
- Working with data, you have the ability to identify what's important, and what's not;
- You recognize that simple is sometimes best.
- A Master degree in a STEM subject;
- 2+ years hands-on experience in data science and data driven software development;
- Experience with technologies for analysing and processing big data, preferably Spark / Python / Scala.
Ideally you also have:
- A broad set of technical skills including relational or NoSQL databases, command line tools, engineering best practices;
- Strong knowledge of statistical concepts;
- Strong understanding of signal processing;
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
What do we have to offer?
- We reward you with a gross annual salary between €44.250,- and €67.500,- (annual salary including 8% holiday pay based on a full-time annual contract), depending on knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget of over 14%, for example for buying extra days off;
- OV free travel pass (24/7 throughout the Netherlands);
- Pension scheme, parental leave and plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
Questions about the vacancy?
Would you like to know more about this vacancy at Eneco? For more information about the application procedure please call our recruitment assistants Kim of Roshni via 088-8954020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying straight away? Of course you can also apply via our recruitment system. Click on the 'apply' button and send us your CV with motivation. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
An online assessment and a (pre-) employment screening are part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
Eneco biedt je alle kans om te werken waar jij wilt. Ons moderne hoofdkantoor is een fijne ontmoetingsplek en goed bereikbaar met het openbaar vervoer: op nog geen 5 minuten lopen ligt metro- en treinstation Rotterdam-Alexander. Liever thuis aan het werk? Jij kiest wat het beste bij jou past. Wij noemen dit hybride werken: je werkt 40% op kantoor en 40% thuis. De andere dag bepaal je zelf.
Eneco wil al in 2035 klimaatneutraal zijn. Niet alleen in onze eigen activiteiten maar ook in de geleverde energie aan klanten. De keuze voor klimaatneutraal betekent kijken naar alle kansen die er zijn. Die manier van denken én doen voel je bij ons overal. Met zo’n 3.000 collega’s zetten wij ons dagelijks in om onze missie ‘duurzame energie van iedereen’ waar te maken. Met onze energiedienstverlening helpen we consumenten en bedrijven omschakelen naar duurzame energie. Dit doen we met slimme, duurzame en betaalbare producten en diensten. Van opwek tot handel en van opslag, tot delen en levering. Ook zijn we één van de grootste investeerder in het ontwikkelen van windparken, grote zonnedaken of warmtenetten.