We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
A Day in the Life of a Discovery Analytics Analyst:
This position is for a Discovery Analytics Analyst within State Farm's Property & Claims Analytics team. This team analyzes the impact of business initiatives across the company on new business production and retention, and also discovers areas of strategic opportunity for the company. The team uses internal operational data as well as external data sources to develop actionable analysis and provide strategic insights for business partners across the company.
We Are Looking For Candidates With:
This role requires the ability to grasp the core of a business question, understand how the issue fits within the broader organizational system, and produce analysis that facilitates the decision making process. As such, ideal candidates will possess strong curiosity, creative thinking, business acumen, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate insights (rather than just information) to a wide ranging audience. A foundational understanding of P&C operations is preferred. Strong working knowledge with data and relational database tools (SAS, SQL, AWS), as well as Microsoft Office products, is essential. Experience with Hadoop, BI tools and data visualization techniques is preferred.
Ideal candidates will have an educational background in Data Analytics, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative field.
- Works independently on requests/projects/problems of highly complex technical/business/research issues
- Uses highly specialized technical skills and industry knowledge to provide leadership on project/programs
- Serves as change advocate, championing initiatives, efforts, and sets direction in area of expertise
- Builds relationships utilizing expertise in one or more areas of database design, data modeling, data mining, systems application and design
- Applies business and information technology industry trends and best practices with State Farm strategic goals
- Communicates messages/results to wide range of both internal and external audiences
- Recognizes and leverages opportunities to initiate and conduct research for the benefit of the enterprise
- Participates in high impact projects
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
Office Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ.