Overview:REI Systems is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will support the development and enhancement of a modern data analytics platform. Your responsibility will be to provide technical solutions to the ever-growing needs of the customers in data management, warehousing and analytics areas.
- Deliver projects that focus on cloud and on-premise data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics including R or python.
- Conceptualize viable technical solutions that meets customer objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule constraints
- Technical SME for customer-facing project delivery for business intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at government – Federal, State, and Local
- Develop and demonstrate the technical design of the data warehouse or reporting products.
- Provide thought leadership for innovative data solutions to address complex business problems
- Work with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver products in an agile manner
- Work with team leaders, data engineers and data analysts in resolving complex technical and operational issues
- Highly efficient developer of the complex ETL, SSIS packages and Tableau dashboards
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed.Qualifications:Required Skills
- 7+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing and managing enterprise-level databases using relational databases like SQL Server, and MySQL
- 5+ years of experience with Data Warehouse, Data Management, Reporting, Governance and Dashboard development.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure cloud native data services like Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory and Azure Data warehouse (Synapse).
- 3+ years of experience with ETL tools like Microsoft SSIS, Informatica and Pentaho Kettle
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Ready to embrace a fast-paced work environment with deadlines and new challenges
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, business intelligence, economics, statistics, or mathematics
- Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training, or experience
About REI Systems
- Experience with improving performance on enterprise applications with large data
- Experience in Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development frameworks
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
REI Systems has delivered innovative solutions that empower people and impact millions of lives since 1989. Our 500+ problem-solving technologists and consultants are passionate about modernizing government to more effectively deliver their missions – including healthcare, national security, science and technology, and government operations – serving the federal, state, local, and non-profit sectors. We take a mindful approach in providing Application Modernization, Data Analytics, Grants Management, Small Business Innovation Research Programs, and Advisory Services by blending domain experts, best-fit technologies, agile execution, and a commitment to customer service we call the REI Way