Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
The AdTech space is an exciting and fast-growing area that is built on data and there are huge opportunities for us to explore and improve within Bally's Interactive. As a Data Engineer in the AdTech team you play a key part in helping to shape and build a platform that empowers our Marketing teams worldwide to make the best decisions.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data and its applications to join our small cross-functional agile team, while being part of a larger Data team which drive multiple areas in the business.
With our AdTech Platform being built primarily on the Google Cloud Platform, it means that you will have exposure to various cloud technologies including Big Query, batch and streaming pipeline technologies and various integrations with 3rd party data platforms within the MarTech world and beyond.
We are looking for a person who:
- Develops quality code that is well tested, maintainable and meets the requirements of our users.
- Works closely with stakeholders, adopting an iterative approach to developing solutions and isn’t afraid to try and fail.
- Is interested in what the data can show us and is keen to understand the business context around the data.
- Understands the importance of data integrity and works towards ensuring that our users are making decisions off accurate data.
- Continues to grow and learn, while teaching those around them about new technologies, processes and approaches they believe are valuable.
- Isn’t afraid to ask questions or share their ideas and actively contribute to the shaping of the platform to service not only current user needs but the wider business strategy.
- Communicates effectively and frequently with the team and with relevant stakeholders.
- Has a high level of attention to detail and can objectively review their own work as well as peer review other team member’s code.
- Contribute towards the self-organisation of the team through Agile/Scrum ceremonies and continual improvements to the way the team works.
- Enjoys a friendly and open environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged.
- Produces clear and concise documentation.
Competencies and experience required:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with BigQuery
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Experience with CI/CD & Automated testing practices.
- Experience with Process Orchestration e.g. Airflow, Control-M etc…
- Experience with Docker
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles.
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role.
- Public cloud experience in either GCP or AWS
- Experience with Java
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience.
- Experience with DevOps/DataOps or understanding of modern infrastructure
- Experience or demonstrable interest in analytics and/or machine learning.
- Experience with streaming technologies e.g. Kafka
- Experience developing services that expose RESTful APIs as well as client services that interact with RESTful APIs
- Experience with BI tools e.g., PowerBI, Tableau etc...
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting solutions
- Experience with different types of databases e.g. Db2 and/or MongoDb
What's in it for You:
- Competitive salary with annual performance bonus
- 5% pension contribution for 4% personal contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Monthly wellness program
- 25 days holiday
- Access to exciting educational opportunities (internal, conferences, courses, certifications)
- Need something for your home office? Whether it’s a new mouse, desk or chair, we’re here to support you with a productive and safe home working space
- Remote friendly environment giving you flexibility to work from home and office
We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Bally's Interactive and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.