The models you make robust and performant are at the heart of the innovation we’re bringing to the dental market, to raise the standard of healthcare
Promaton is changing dental healthcare by automating diagnostics and treatment workflows using AI, making healthcare more affordable and accessible for everyone. Did you know dentists miss up to 30% of pathologies on an X-Ray? We are on a mission to eliminate errors in dentistry by improving diagnostic accuracy, and automating mundane work like creating 3D models by hand from an X-Ray. See our company page to learn more about what we do.
Making our resource heavy AI pipelines work as performant as possible
- Creating tooling and infrastructure that give us insight into the inference and training performance
- Managing the AI model lifecycle
You'll be working with an accomplished team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, that already have 8 patents on their name, and created market leading algorithms that are in use throughout the world.
The challenges you'll help us overcome:
- Medical AI has to comply with the highest quality standards. While in other industries failing to predict for example a recommended product has little consequence, in the medical field you really don't want to be wrong. Safety-critical AI is a hard topic.
- All our products process large images, from 5 up to 700MB. This means that a lot of off-the-shelve tooling doesn't work for us, and we need to invent our own to process and manage our data.
- We are a cloud-native company, and cloud-native ML frameworks are still in their early days. You'll help us navigate the ever evolving ecosystem of tools, to make sure we find the right balance between off-the-shelf and home-grown tooling.
The perks of working at Promaton:
- Excellent employment terms
- Freedom to work from anywhere you like (and any time you like). We only have a few touch points.
- Dedicated time for hackathons and research, to explore new ideas of your own. We have a quarterly hack for a week on anything you like and a monthly paper review sessions, where we present the latest developments in the field to each other.
- Real training budget for books and conferences or anything else you need to grow
- Work with the latest technology, on the forefront of a rapidly changing field in medical imaging AI
- Loads of responsibility and autonomy (we hate micro management) and a chance to make a real impact
- Awesome yearly company retreat, and quarterly team events
- ️ 25 days of annual leave
- Top-notch gear, and even bigger servers to play with
- ️ Promaton is funded for many years to come, meaning you can have the impact you only get at a startup, but with the job security of an established company
- For all international engineers: Promaton is recognized as a visa sponsor by the Dutch government
To apply for this job, we have a couple of hard requirements:
- 2 years experience in bringing AI Models to production, preferably in computer vision.
- 4 years experience working with Python
- Computer science level degree or equivalent degree with a strong mathematical foundation
- You've worked on model architecture
- Experience with application / microservice development
- Experience with AWS or Kubernetes deployment
Sounds like you? Let's talk!