Datonomy has 20 years'' experience in data and digital solutions, we are perfectly placed to catapult you onto the career path of your dreams. Our projects cover the full spectrum of data; therefore, we can offer you access to the most interesting, innovative, and ground-breaking work currently being done.
Our goal is to positively impact One Billion People by 2030 - and we can only achieve this if our clientsand our people collaborate on projects and solutions that will change the world.
AWS Data Engineer
Purpose of Job/Role:
The Data Engineer role, part of the Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence (CoE) will provide strategic technology input and be responsible to build, maintain and implement a world class data science platform and systems that will enable and empower the advanced analytics capability to deliver on its strategic mandate; delivering insights, models, and data products to the wider business to drive better business outcomes and customer engagement.
Performing a consultative role within the Advanced Analytics CoE and the wider BI and technology division to create a sustainable data science platform within AWS. Model and insight productionisation will also be part of responsibility of the Data Engineer.
This is a super exciting opportunity to shape our design solution thinking as we endeavour to better understand and partner with our customers to meet their needs, build their trust and optimise the potential of our offerings.
Qualifications and experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor''s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 Years Python, Spark, PySpark
- 3 to 5 years'' experience in software engineering with a focus on serverless applications.
- Proven experience of core AWS services and features:
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon Athena
- AWS Step Function
- Amazon Cognito
- S3 Buckets
- Amazon API Gateway
- Amazon RDS
- AWS DevOps Engineer - Professional'' or ''AWS SysOps Administrator - Associate'' is advantageous.
- Understanding of Retail is beneficial.
- Understanding of Advanced Analytics/Data Science platforms beneficial
- Knowledge of SAP and BW / Business Intelligence systems is helpful.
Details of the Job/Role:
Part of the Business Intelligence team. Expected to be an AWS Cloud developer, facilitator, and evangelist, working and consulting with various members of the BI, Architecture, Networks, Cloud and Infrastructure teams as well as key business stakeholders. Passionate about maintaining and developing Cloud-based solutions and processes to improve ways of working and utilisation of technology to ultimately help the Advanced Analytics CoE deliver data products.
Core Technical Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Programmatically create infrastructure in AWS by designing, developing and scaling infrastructure-as-code. Ensure the systems are highly available and resilient.
- Build scalable and secure data mart and pipelines, often performing complex calculations with massive volumes of data from various sources to summarise various entity dynamics.
- Enable the delivery of new code and infrastructure changes through Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Protect our customer data with continuous security practices and monitoring.
- Working with business stakeholders, BI team members and other IT Teams to define and implement strategic objectives.
- Guiding Business Intelligence architecture users on the journey towards Cloud-based solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of delivery life cycle associated with AWS Cloud-based solutions including but not limited to the key phases, core milestones, critical success factors, testing, typical challenges, and mitigation strategies.
- Working with the architectural and solution delivery functions to establish detailed and achievable delivery plans within an Agile delivery framework.
- Able to work on simultaneous assignments/complex projects.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending new and better ways of doing things based on experience, technology, and market trends.
- Working with business, technical, analytics, data science and third -party communities to define, entrench and evolve Cloud-based solutions while forging better ways of working.
- Supporting and sound boarding with team members.
- Define and document BI Cloud solution architecture including technical designs and diagrams.
- Document or update specifications for system developments and work with developers and data engineers on requirements.
- Where needed, provide first and second line incident support to the Advanced Analytics CoE and business by analysing and clarifying the issue and resolving issues within the agreed operational and service level agreement (OLA/SLA) and communicating effectively to business users and colleagues.
- Escalate issues timeously to the BI Support Team Lead and/or BI Techni