As our Senior Data Engineer based in our London office, you will be part of our Marketing Effectiveness product team where you will be building a scalable and robust data pipeline and automation framework and harden and scale ML models and algorithms together with your Data Science colleagues in London.
Come join us!
- Contribute to the system design, integration architecture, and implementation for the Marketing Effectiveness analytics service.
- Build and automate robust and scalable data ETL and ML model management pipelines and data API services.
- Actively contribute to data (science) engineering principles and best practices on competency team level and be an inspiration and sparring partner for your junior colleagues.
Play your part in our team succeeding
You will be joining the Data Science Products (DSP) organisation, which is the home of 50+ data science and engineering colleagues, distributed across our Denmark and UK offices. DSP is responsible for incubating, developing, and rolling out a broad portfolio of data science, AI and ML products across many different business areas and drive data engineering and architecture best practices and excellence across LEGO Digital Technology.
Besides working in a multi-functional, agile product team, you will also have the opportunity to allocate some of your time to proof-of-concepts, greenfield and incubation projects outside the main product scope.
Do you have what it takes?
You have a relevant background in computer science or have equivalent industry experience in software engineering with a solid understanding of relational / SQL and non-relational / NoSQL databases. In addition, you are / have:
- Exposure building and deploying solutions on AWS or similar cloud computing SaaS / PaaS platforms.
- Proficient in Python 3 and/or Scala and are familiar with the core language ecosystem(s) and packages.
- Test-proven development process and you are familiar with GitLab and/or GitHub.
- You are willing to travel about two weeks per year (3-4 trips) to our HQ in Billund, Denmark.
- Experience to coach and mentor less experienced members of the team and willing to facilitate agile team practices and know when to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in building data pipelines using modern data processing tools and frameworks, such as Apache Spark, Flink or Airflow
- Practical knowledge in ML model training and evaluation
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
- Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community