As a Data Engineer at Engage3, you will be part of a technical team that architects, builds, maintains, scales, monitors, administrates and secures Engage3's retail pricing platform. You will actively work in a multi-disciplinary fast-paced environment. Your ultimate goal is to create a solid, flexible, stable system that enables us to deliver best-in-class analytics products to retailers and brands in the face of massive growth.
This role requires a broad range of skills and abilities; you will be the functional lead, manage staff and do the work. Your primary responsibility is to enable data access, data processing and data products by architecting, maintaining, scaling, monitoring & securing.
- ML production system (AWS, Azure, Python)
- Data Warehouse (Snowflake)
- ETL system & data pipelines
- BI system (Tableau Online)
- PostgreSQL Database
As a qualified applicant:
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- You have planned, built & managed data infrastructures in a public cloud
- You have strong experience with working with tools & platforms within the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, Aurora, Lambda, API Gateway, etc)
- You have strong experience with working with tools & platforms within the Azure ecosystem
- You have in-depth experience with PostgreSQL databases and Snowflake's data warehouse
- You have managed a business intelligence system
- You have demonstrated experience of ETL developments
- You are proficient in at least one programming language like Python, Scala and Java
- You are comfortable with setting and meeting SLAs for data availability and quality
- You have an understanding of Machine Learning / AI principles in data engineering
- You are a mentor to your team & colleagues and have passion in sharing your knowledge
- You've worked in an Agile environment. You thrive on iteration. You make opportunities to bring value sooner rather than later.
- You value data-driven decisions. You are always looking for opportunities to quickly produce the right data to make decisions quickly. You keep cool under pressure.
- You are a self-driven, highly motivated technologist who can work with a high degree of autonomy, is able to prioritize effectively and drive the data architecture vision.