EBANX is a global fintech that emerged in 2012 with the mission of connecting companies to Latin America, facilitating payments on international sites such as Aliexpress, Sony, Spotify, and many others. As we grew, our portfolio also expanded and we went beyond payment methods. Today we offer solutions in local processing for Brazilian companies and different products and services for our final consumers. We are called ebankers and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally.
Do you want to join our Big Dream and be part of this team?
As an EBANX Data Scientist Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with devs and core business areas (commercial, product and marketing) to define business problems and create solutions leveraging our data.
- Build and maintain machine learning models that are relevant to the payments industry (e.g. real-time anomaly detection, routing optimization and churn prediction).
- Be able to propose new projects, gain stakeholder buy-in, calculate business value and develop strong relationships with colleagues.
- Explain and solve complex problems in straightforward terms.
- Work directly with the data engineering team to create data pipelines and transformations necessary to be consumed by models.
- Ad-hoc exploratory analysis and experiments.
- Promote the use of data as the main driver for decision making.
What is indispensable for the job?
- Relevant work experience with data (e.g. BI, DS, DA and DE).
- Should be really comfortable programming with Python for data analysis using libraries like Pandas and numpy (manipulating arrays should be trivial stuff).
- Previous experience designing and building supervised ML models using Random Forests, Boosting, SVM or deep learning (some experience with at least one of the main libraries/frameworks like XGBoost, Sklearn and Tensorflow).
- Proficient writing complex SQL queries (e.g. CTEs and window functions).
- Understand the trade off and implementation differences between batch vs streaming.
- Work with transactional DBs and analytical tools like Redshift, BigQuery and Athena.
- Some experience working with core compute and storage cloud services (preferably AWS).
- Some experience with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik or Looker).
- Good knowledge of development tools like git, bash and containers.
- Previous experience working in a startup environment :)
What we would love to see in you?
- Experience using Sagemaker.
- Some knowledge of Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Previous experience working with financial data.
- Experience with time-series modelling and regression techniques.
- Familiarity with reinforcement learning and unsupervised models.
- Excellent english communication skills.
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to growth;
- Casual office and dress code;
- Spanish, English and Portuguese classes;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance;
- Transportation voucher (if needed);
- EBANX Education: scholarship;
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses;
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance and legal orientation.
- Health and Dental Insurance;
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics store and more!
Follow us on Instagram and look for the hashtag #ebanxlife to learn more about EBANX's culture.