- 3 x full time opportunities | Any ARRB Office
- Use your unique technical expertise to drive capability and innovation
- Join a solution driven team for real-world complex problems!
The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is the source of independent expert transport knowledge, with almost 60 years of experience focused on delivering a connected and adaptable future for Australia and New Zealand.
ARRB has a strong heritage supporting and delivering high quality applied research for Australian and New Zealand state road agencies (our Members) and for the community. Our teams are made up of world-leading roads, transport and infrastructure professionals who analyse and interpret global research and apply it to the Australian and New Zealand context.Why join ARRB:
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big transport infrastructure questions, and to see these solutions being practically applied.
Our staff operate within a state-of-the-art workplace with multi-disciplinary teams with highly evolved skills. At ARRB, the National Transport Research Organisation, innovation, personal and professional development is fostered and nurtured - enabling true collaboration.About the role and you:
Want to be a part of a dynamic national team who is instrumental in the delivery of outcome-focused transport solutions, targeted at delivering innovative and fit-for-purpose engineering outcomes? Join our National Transport Performance Centre (NTPC) team, these roles can be based in any one of our ARRB Offices (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth) and be a part of a dedicated team creating knowledge for tomorrow's transport challenges and solutions for today.
As a part of our continued growth and expansion we have three exciting opportunities available. Successful candidates must be proficient developers who are proactive, flexible, accountable, take responsibility and truly be passionate about making a difference within the transportation industry.Our Vacancies:Please clearly indicate in your Cover Letter for which state & position you are applying for!Full Stack Developer
Geospatial Analyst / Developer
- Software development of interactive web-based analysis and visualisation tools, desktop data translation and support utilities, web-based GIS, and data dashboards.
- Join team for project and strategic technology development, adding valuable skills and insights.
- Database design, development and optimisation to deliver cutting edge transport research projects.
- Qualifications in data science, computer science, computing or related.
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial C# .NET Core Web and Desktop development.
- Excellent database design and implementation experience.
- Strong Cloud and back-end experience, AWS.
- Experience with web GIS programming, Agile frameworks and building APIs and RESTFul Web Services.
Junior Data Scientist
- Develop and implement spatial solutions to improve analysis and decision making.
- Temporal and spatial analyses of transport data using GIS tools – small and large data sets.
- Spatial data coursing, tracking and cataloguing.
- Develop processes for complex data and map matching and routing optimisation.
- Qualifications in GIS, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience using Python and scripting to perform complex data analysis.
- Strong database and SQL experience.
- Experience with web GIS, GeoServier, POSTGIS and QGIS is preferable.
- Experience with Athena, Lambda and other AWS technologies, map matching, conflation and routing technologies will give you the edge.
All three positions will require the following skills:
- Sourcing, locating and maintaining of ARRB’s transport data sets.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) workflows into AWS cloud storage and databases.
- Preparation of data dashboard, interactive maps and visualisations with tools and technologies.
- Working with stakeholders and governments to facilitate data sharing.
- Qualifications in data science, computer science or related.
- 2+ years’ experience using Python to perform complex data analysis.
- Experience using source code repositories (GitHub, GitLab) in a team setting, performing branching, merging, code reviews, etc.
- Previous experience with large and open datasets.
- An interest in graphic design and/or marketing.
What we offer:
- An ability to explain complex matters to a non-technical audience.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Take initiative, self-drive and capacity to operate autonomously and well within a team.
- Data and software presentations and communications (internal and external), media and publications.
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
To be considered:
- opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects which make a difference to the community.
- opportunities to work collaboratively on local and national projects with a network of experts and colleagues around the country.
- a not-for-profit organisation that focuses on public good and which re-invests operating surpluses into our people, our equipment, and our facilities
- healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off, shifted work hours, access to paid parental leave
- strong support for career development and further study, including an explicit step-by-step guide for progressing in the organisation and a range of professional development options
- a competitive salary, above-CPI annual increases & staff benefits, including options for salary packaging – boosted by our not-for-profit status - to make your salary dollar go even further
- additional company-funded leave days over end-of-year holiday period, to ensure that you have a good break to recharge mentally and connect with family at this important time
- a well-established social club, with regular socialising events, competitions, cook/bake-offs and tournaments
- We embrace diversity - highlighting a multidisciplinary workforce from all over the world within all of our offices across Australia
- Contemporary and modern work campus
- Applicants must be eligible to become and/or Australian Citizens / Permanent Resident of Australia
- Press the APPLY button in this job advertisement to apply. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources, 03 9881 1555.
- Please ensure you attached your CV, Cover Letter and answer the screening questions provided.