Cloud Data Engineer
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s emerging cloud practice? We’re looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients’ most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.
Work you’ll do
The Cloud Data Engineer will assist in building and maintaining transactional and reporting databases for Deloitte's clients and project teams within Cloud Engineering.
- Designing, optimizing, and maintaining relational and non-relational databases
- Building data pipelines
- Troubleshooting performance related issues
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- At least five years' 5+ experience designing, optimizing, and maintaining relational and non-relational databases including MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, or other NoSQL database
- At least two years' experience in Azure databases or AWS RDS, DynamoDB or RedShift
- At least two years' experience with ETL, data analytics, and building data pipelines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience with AWS services such as CloudFormation, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, CloudWatch, S3, and AWS Glue
- Expert knowledge of any of the following products
- Azure SQL Databases, SQL Managed Instances or SQL Server
- NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Dynamo and Cosmos
- Data warehousing
- Strong understanding of stored procedures, database functions, clustered/non-clustered indexes, and query plan information to troubleshoot performance related issues
- Experience with data at-rest and in-transit encryption
- Industry certifications such as:
- Azure Database Administrator
- Azure Data Developer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.