For more than 45 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our associates’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With total assets over $52.2 billion, we’re ranked among the top 25 largest banks by asset size in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes magazine as one of “America’s Best Banks.” With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is looking for a motivated Lead Data Engineer to contribute towards the success of our Data and Analytics Technology initiatives. This is a hands-on technical role and this person will be responsible for the development and build of scalable solutions as it relates to the architecture strategies, data standards, digital data management, data integration, tools, and technology. The right candidate will play a deep dive hands-on critical development role in the digital transformation and in shaping how we acquire, ingest, transform and deliver data through the digital consumer channels.
- Architect, design, develop and engineering end-to-end data pipelines across multiple data sources and systems of record.
- Ensure data quality, integrity, security and completeness throughout the data lifecycle
- Develop, design data models, data structures and ETL jobs for data acquisition and manipulation purposes
- Develop deep understanding of the data sources, implement data standards, maintain data quality and master data management
- Developing data services and API
- Work closely with the cloud service providers to ensure completeness and alignment with the service offerings
- Manage and maintain cloud based data and analytics platform
- Deep understanding of the cloud offerings and engage in quick proof of concepts and proof of value in prototyping data and analytics solutions and derive viability
- Ability to interact with the business stakeholders to understand requirements and translating into technology solutions
- Experience in Cloud platform AWS or Azure eco-system. (Azure preferred)
- Data Engineering/Development experience with SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Strong development background creating pipelines and complex data transformations and manipulations using one of the languages Python, Java, R, or Scala with Databricks/Spark
- Experience in NoSQL Databases and Big data technologies including Hadoop, MongoDB, Azure CosmosDB, Cassandra
- Experience with API / RESTful data services
- Worked on real-time data capture, processing and storing using technologies like Kafka, AWS Kinesis and/or Azure Event Hubs and Analytics
- Experience working with different data storage options including AWS S3, Azure BLOB storage etc.
- Understanding of different data formats including Parquet, Avro, CSV, ORC etc.
- Prior experience with MPP databases and maintain large amount of data processing
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Catalog is a big plus but not mandatory
- Experience with Microsoft/Azure ETL solutions and business Intelligence technologies is a big plus but not mandatory
- Past working experience on a fast paced and agile environment
- Perform ongoing monitoring, automation and refinement of data engineering solutions
- Experience in leading high visibility transformation projects that interacts with multiple business lines
- Experience working with an on-shore / off-shore model
- Build and meet project timelines and manage delivery commitments with proper communication to management
- Collaborate and communicate with key business lines, technology partners, vendors and architects
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-4+ years of relevant experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies and thrive in an extremely fast paced environment
- Team player and easy to work with.
Applicants must demonstrate their ability to master new enterprise level technologies. Successful applicants will exemplify East West Bank ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, and accountability for decisions.