Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityTeam/Department Description :
Moody’s Digital Finance team covers the analytical and operational aspects of emerging technologies and risks, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, digital assets, and cyber security.Role/Responsibilities :
Within the Digital Finance team, the Associate Vice President – Data Science (AVP – Data Science) will be responsible for developing machine learning solutions for high-profile data science initiatives. The AVP – Data Science will notably focus on designing and training predictive analytics models and creating high-value-added solutions converting quantitative predictions into actionable insights for the business.
A successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the various steps of a machine learning project, including modeling, data engineering, and MLOps. The candidate should also be innovation-minded, result-oriented, autonomous, and able to deliver finished products, sometimes under short deadlines.
The data science team will work closely with technology teams, rating and research teams, and other departments. The candidate should therefore be able to collaborate across multiple divisions and communicate clearly and understandably to business representatives unfamiliar with data science.
The AVP – Data Science will also strive to meet Moody’s values: openness, diversity, inclusivity, respect, and a willingness to learn.
The duties of the AVP – Data Science include:
- Select and train machine learning models for predictive analytics, sometimes with relatively small and unbalanced datasets.
- Build solutions predicting activities and extracting signals from multiple data sources.
- Design explainability tools understandable by non-data scientists.
- Collaborate with tech teams to create data ingestion pipelines connected to sources spread across different parts of the organization and delivered in varying formats.
- Support tech teams in developing MLOps solutions and putting models in production.
- Evaluate and select the best tools and IT architectures with tech teams.
- Support tech teams in the management of cloud resources.
- Communicate results to business stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from ratings and research teams to incorporate fundamental expertise into machine learning models.
- Mentor team members without data science backgrounds, as required, and foster a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
- Stay current with the latest research and technology developments.
- Speak at internal and external events, as required
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
- 7+ years in machine learning, with a strong knowledge of algorithms and principles.
- Proven track record of successfully modeling, building, and putting in production machine learning applications.
- Deep understanding of the tools explaining machine learning predictions.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Proven experience in natural language processing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
- Previous experience in corporate finance or debt markets is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud services. Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
For more information on the Securities Trading Program, please refer to the STP Quick Reference guide on ComplianceNet
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee’s tenure with Moody’s.