Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our data science team is at the very core of creating this next generation of digital resonance. We do this by understanding the relationship between neuroassessment-based psychological data and behavioural data using innovative supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised models that allow us to understand human beings more deeply and sustainably than ever before. As a part of this team, you will work closely with highly experienced data scientists and machine learning engineers as well as psychometricians, researchers, engineers, and UX designers.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform complex statistical analyses and architect / train ML models on large data sets of unique psychometric data
- Refine our core ML algorithm that translates psychometric data into actionable insights for our customers
- Leverage large quantities and diverse sets of behavioural data to drive our prediction algorithm
- Work closely with engineers, researchers and UX team to incorporate the latest findings from machine learning and psychological research into a working product
- 3+ years of highly relevant practical experience in data science or data engineering
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of machine learning models and techniques (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, dimensionality reduction)
- Exceptional command of Python and relevant libraries (Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, etc.)
- A strong understanding of the fundamental mechanics of machine learning algorithms
- Solid background in statistics and its practical applications (e.g. determination of significance, uncertainty etc.)
- Practical knowledge of deep learning frameworks and libraries (Tensorflow or PyTorch)
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure and tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, AWS) and large-scale data processing technologies (e.g. SQL, BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark)
- Hands-on experience with leading commercial Cloud platforms (preferably GCP)
HOW YOU STAND OUT
- A PhD in Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience, or related quantitative field
- Experience with in-game behavioural data (time series, high dimensional)
- Experience building personalization or recommendation engines
- Experience in computer vision
- Experience with semi-supervised learning
- Familiarity with and / or interest in psychometric data
- Experience in working in a small data science/engineering team in a fast-paced, startup environment
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.