Senior Data Scientist
VIOTAS is recruiting a Senior Data Scientist to join our Innovation Team. As Senior Data Scientist, you will play a key role in the development of cutting-edge AI solutions to optimise the use of Distributed Energy Resources globally. You will be joining a rapidly growing international company that places innovation at the core of what we do. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our in‑house hardware and software development teams, and also our operations teams to research and develop state‑of‑the‑art forecasting and optimisation systems for DER integration. This will include the deployment of your algorithms in the cloud and on Smart Grid edge devices. You will enjoy seeing your work being deployed rapidly to deliver products that contribute to the transition to a low‑carbon energy system.
Who we are and What we do:
VIOTAS is a market-leading smart grid technology and services company headquartered in Limerick. Through us, large electricity customers actively participate in the electricity market to generate revenue in return for providing valuable services that help support the reliability of the power grid. These services are delivered via our own custom designed control and communication systems. Our state-of-the-art systems are designed to provide the fast frequency response and other grid services that are needed to facilitate increased integration of renewable energy in power grids. In 2019, the company was named the fastest growing technology company in Ireland at the Deloitte Fast 50 Awards. We currently have offices in Ireland, Poland, Australia and the United States, with further international expansion planned.
- Research and develop analytical methods and models for forecasting and optimisation of electricity demand and energy assets, including battery energy storage systems. Lead a team of data scientists, analysts, and data engineers to develop cutting edge smart grid solutions.
- Manage data-driven projects and conduct energy modelling research and assist with prototyping of optimisation solutions in the energy marketplace.
- Perform data mining, predictive analytics, and ad hoc analysis using Python (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook), SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Auto-ML and other business intelligence software.
- Analyse, and disseminate business insights into actionable business strategies and effectively communicate results to stakeholders.
- Create dashboards, data visualizations and reports to communicate results to stakeholders. Employ ML approaches and advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights and cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Keep up‑to‑date with the evolving challenges faced by power system during the transition to low‑carbon energy sources.
- Excellent knowledge of forecasting, optimisation and data visualisation. Knowledge of energy industry, Smart Grid systems and flexibility markets.
- Five years minimum of working in a related role.
- Experience of leading teams and experience working on AI-driven projects.
- Degree or higher in computer science, data, science engineering or physics.
- 5+ years of experience collecting and cleaning data, building analyses, and prototyping.
- Knowledge of statistical and machine-learning methods.
- Hands-on experience on data science coding and languages such as Python (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook).
- Master’s degree in computer science, data, science engineering or physics.
- Experience of working with transmission system or distribution system operators.
- Experience works with distributed energy resources management systems (DERMS).
- Experience of project management methodologies such as Agile or Lean.
- Knowledge of the common information model (CIM).
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent.
Location: Krakow in Poland or Limerick /Dublin in Ireland.
Salary: Competitive based on qualifications, experience, and skills.
Self-Directed Training Budget of 10,000 PLN per year + additional days study leave.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org