WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join us in developing new revolutionizing ways to engage with other companies. IKEA for Business is one of the fastest growing and most promising growth areas for us as a company.
Our diverse and global team within Data & Analytics is growing even more and we would love to talk with you, if you recognize yourself in some of the following:
- Consider data to be the starting point for solving (almost) any business problem
- Enjoy figuring out how to use your extensive knowledge of SQL and code to derive insights from large datasets in order to solve real-life, fast-paced business problems
- Have an extensive background in analytics, computer science, engineering or equivalent (at least MS or equivalent)
- Loves to visualize data through advanced visualization tools and to tell compelling data stories to senior non-technical stakeholders
- Able to work with a balanced trade-off between care and speed, and understands that rapid insights may come at an initial cost of rigorousness
- Have broad experience in digital product development and how translate to business input into testable hypotheses, features/models, or metrics
- Are a team player who takes ownership, builds cross-functional relationships with senior peers and loves sharing knowledge with more junior Data Analysts
- Have at least 5 years relevant experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Web Analyst or similar
- Are passionate about the possibilities of Data & Analytics and the value it can generate for business
- Are a curious world class problem solver who wants to keep learning!
This is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development together with us.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
In this role, you’ll lead the transformation of IKEA into a more data driven company by ensuring that data and insights are frequently and widely used in IKEA for Business in Group Digital to reinforce, alter, or largely impact present and future decisions on business and product strategy. For example, we are developing models, dashboards and tools to answer questions like:
- Who are our business customers? What do they need? How do they buy? How can we build a data-driven segmentation and distinguish different customer profiles?
- How are IKEA business sales performing? Which are the hottest product categories and/or markets?
- How do our business customers use IKEA digital platforms? How do they interact between different channels? Which is their engagement? Can we detect the bottlenecks in the funnel and their root causes?
- Who are the customers most prone to buy a given product? What is the most suitable product to offer each customer?
- How much are our business customers willing to pay for a given service or product? Can we optimize IKEA pricing and discount strategies?
- Which is our business customer’s value? What is their stage in their lifecycle? When will they buy again? Can we predict their purchase patterns?
- Which business customers are more prone to leave IKEA (not to purchase again)? What are the main drivers of churn? Which levers should we pull to increase loyalty?
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
You will work in Data & Analytics together with other Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Stewards and Data Architects. Together you will be joining cross-functional teams consisting of colleagues from Technology, Product and Design from IKEA for Business. All of you together will be creating the best solutions to create better experience for our many Business customers.
The home office for this role will be Madrid but we act as one global team and work together on global solutions.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Work on some very interesting problems as described above, and you are encouraged to spot new opportunities or to collaborate with Data & Analytics colleagues in other specialist teams
- Opportunities to have global impact with your work
- Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform and we use a lot of open-source tools across the board
- Hardware and Operating System your choice
- A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics)
- Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning)
- Flexible and friendly working environment in a truly value-based company
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Does this sound like your next challenge? IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global workplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment system, please reach out to Veronika Grollova at email@example.com. Please apply with your application in English. Note that we can’t process any applications through email. Thank you!