Citi is looking for IT Business Data Analysts with broad experience and an interest to develop and Implement data management strategy. In this role, you will collaborate with other analytical users for developing the data strategy and solutions. As a Data Analyst, you will be part of a distributed team and work independently as well as in tight collaboration with the Data Stewards, analytical users and other shared service technology teams. We'll need you to be a great communicator and influencer, and, especially, a collaborator. You will regularly collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver technology guidance, requiring a clear understanding of the desired outcomes and a solid grasp of the overall technology roadmap.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) with knowledge of reporting and analytics data along with business rules, ETL processes as it flows through the different systems.
- Work closely with project managers to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across data sets
- Perform the root cause analysis for the Data Quality issues and Implement the solutions to remediate the issues.
- Shared accountability and responsibility with Data Custodians to ensuring mapping to accurate and controlled data sources; including safe, accurate and controlled sourcing, transport, transformation, and storage of data.
- Provide analyst support to document and maintain end-to-end data level linage, implementation of data controls, and documenting/maintaining technical metadata for in-scope processes and organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with Data Stewards, Data Custodians, and other stakeholders to maintain Data Dictionaries.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 3+ years’ experience mining data as a data analyst in Market Securities Services preferably in Custody, Prime Finance, Fund Accounting and Corporate Actions
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Strong Data analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Experience with Qlikview is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with extensive experience using Excel for data analysis
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong Communication and presentation skills
- Superior execution skills and ability to drive results
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Sciences preferred
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting