At Trade Republic, we offer to our members commission-free access to the capital markets, which means that data is at the centre of everything we do. Our Growth team is responsible for improving the onboarding experience of our prospect customers from marketing touchpoint until they successfully do the first trade. That ranges from figuring out different evolving our marketing mix, building a value-adding attribution models, designing experiments for marketing and product, clustering our users into meaningful segments for better targeting, to predicting lifetime value that informs expansion directions.
Our Data Engineers work closely with both business stakeholders as well as our core banking teams, transforming the raw data from our banking platform and marketing channels into easily digestible form, enabling stakeholders to use it via automated self-service reporting tools and machine learning models and making sure that processed data is reliably transferred to other tools that need it.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Build Data Collection system that fetches data from marketing API endpoints into our data lake
- Build end-to-end data pipelines to enable training and running of machine learning models
- Develop measures of data and model quality
- Develop automated tests of the quality of data powered features
- Optimize and improve existing data pipelines to support our growth and initiatives around performance and scalability
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant experience: You have at least 3 years of software engineering experience within the marketing data space
- Data modelling: You have experience in multiple data warehousing solutions (Snowflake, PostgresQL, MySQL) in addition to prior experience in big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka)
- Independence: You execute larger projects with multiple stakeholders with little guidance.
- Business sense: You are excited about our value proposition, understand the core business challenges we are facing as a company and always think about improving it.
- Value creation mindset: You are curious about what is behind the data to define, challenge, and question the required analyses, its insights and proactively develop proposals to improve the business.
- Strong communication skills: You translate complex insights into easy to digest information towards business and technical stakeholders.
- Dashboard design: You are able to create dashboards that convey their message on point using visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau, etc).
- Coding skills: You are proficient with at least one coding language to perform advanced analytics (Python, Java or Scala) and have sizeable experience in it.
- Create an impact at Europe's fastest growing Fintech to disrupt brokerage
- Grow through close collaboration within a team full of experienced and highly driven colleagues. Together, we will redefine how people invest their money
- We are a true technology company, investing all our resources in automation, technology and smart people - including attractive compensation
- Newest MacBook, Trackpad, Home Office equipment and great merchandise
- (Soon) an amazing office with own cafeteria, boat lane & 6000qm in Berlin Mitte
- Culture initiatives, e.g. weekly Meet Ups with the company, Founder Q&A sessions, coffee roulette, sport sessions, team event budget, events, fruits, amazing coffee
- Fully guided onboarding week (citizenship week) with > 25 business & culture workshops incl. barista session & fun events
- Sponsored premium memberships at Urban Sports Club and Calm
- Corporate benefits with discounts on more than 600 brands
Trade Republic embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.