HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
THE AMGEN CAPABILITY CENTER IN LISBON, PORTUGAL (ACCP
) will be home to over 300 multi-national and multi-cultural employees, representing a broad range of cross-functional capabilities, including Commercial, General and Administrative, Information Systems, Research and Development, and more. The ACCP will offer rich career growth and development opportunities, regional and global exposure, and the opportunity to LIVE, WIN and THRIVE in one of Europe’s most attractive cities.
Our ACCP brand-new offices are located in Sete Rios, in the vibrant city center of Lisbon.
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Associate Software/Data Engineer
What You Will Do
- Be a key team member assisting in development of the data pipeline, web UI or API interface for Global Data and Analytics team
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME’s, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipeline to meet fast paced business need across geographic regions
- Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Able to learn quickly, and explore new tools, technologies that will help to improve platform performance
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics with internships in Data Engineering and/or and Software Engineering experience
Associate’s degree 4 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
High school diploma and 6 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experience with software development (Java, Python), end-to-end system design
- Familiar with Python libraries related to web/API development and machine learning
- Hands-on experience with SQL, for example Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hive SQL; SQL performance tuning
- Experience with web development, java script, html, CSS, any web framework or microservice architecture
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins
- Experience on AWS, familiar with EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB and API gateway
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Spark, Spark performance turning
- Experience with docker container, Kubernetes container orchestration
- Experience with Pharmaceutical industry, commercial operations
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
What You Can Expect Of Us
- Vast opportunities to learn, develop, and move up and across our global organization.
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where colleagues are empowered to bring ideas to the table, try new things, and act.
- Generous Amgen Total Rewards Plan comprising healthcare, finance, wealth, and career benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops, and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed, and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.