At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking a Data Engineer
, reporting to the Manager of Data Science & Analytics working out of the Richmond, BC
office. The Data Engineer
will be primarily assigned to the Government Services Analytics portfolio, supporting the ongoing development and deployment of data science cloud services.
This role will help Boeing transform our industry through the application and continuous improvement of advanced analytics and machine learning in the aviation domain. The position will be embedded in a multi-disciplinary data science team producing industry-leading insights, and will use their data management, software development and infrastructure skills to help build bigger, faster, and better cloud-based tools and pipelines. They will be broadly responsible for the design, implementation and support of data pipelines, including the data models, data contracts, and model features. This is a challenging role, requiring versatile problem-solver with keen conceptual mind, ontological thinking, an understanding of data science and valuable data features, as well as computational load and performance. They will work closely with aviation engineers and data scientists in a problem-solving role, helping bridge the gap from data into working data science models. Although primarily responsible for data management, the Data Engineer
must be a versatile team player, and may be called upon to assist in back-end development, cloud deployment, and even data science from time to time. They must be able to adapt, find the knowledge they need, learn and make decisions as needs arise.Position Responsibilities
:Support team data science modeling and problem-solving effortsPropose data engineering solutions to support different modeling strategiesDesign, build and support healthy, automated, and repeatable data ingestion and processing pipelines
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
- Raw data ingestion, cleansing, and data contracts
- Design data models and data contracts
- Monitor and maintain data quality, integrity, consistency
- Help design and build scalable, reliable, and high-performance systems and environments
- Effectively contribute to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team
- Participate in work and code reviews with the team
- Take part in implementation and support of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Work on systems to monitor system health, data quality and scientific performance
- Implement data access-control for compliance with data governance policies
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Collaborate with developers, data analysts, data scientists and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Exhibit sound judgment, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- 2+ years of experience supporting data science and analytics projects and/or infrastructure.
- Minimum 1-year Cloud deployment experience (Azure preferred).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in relational and non-relational database technologies.
- Must be proficient in Python
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
- Must be eligible for authorization under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and consent to Canadian Government Controlled Goods Program assessment.
- Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods.
- Must be eligible to handle US export-controlled data.
- Must be eligible for Secret Level II security clearance.
Typical Education and Experience:
- Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
- Experience with development, deployment and version control tools
- Experience with production-level Software Development
- Experience in DevOps technologies (e.g. CI/CD, Docker) and practices
- Experience with cloud-deployed APIs and micro-services is an asset
- Experience in pipeline software is an asset
- A technical degree/diploma in a related field of study
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools is an asset
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).Relocation:
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Additional Information:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.Summery Pay Range: CAD 79,000.00 – CAD 140,000.00
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance Level II from the Canadian government. Requirements to obtain a secret security clearance can be found at:
To review the Canadian Controlled Goods and Public Service and Procurement Canada requirements please go to the following government pages below:
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/pdcf-rsrp-eng.htmlExport Control Requirements:
Not an export control positionEqual Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.