Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation
. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere
company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Data is the lifeblood of analytics. As an engineering leader with vision and developer efficiency, you will drive our data platform to enable our talented team of data scientists and consultants to help life sciences companies better understand patients and the healthcare professionals who treat them.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact the success of life sciences products and patients’ access to their products.
Our preferred candidate can work under tight deadlines and changing project requirements. They are able to react quickly to resolve problems while maintaining the vision needed for long-term success.
What You'll Do
- System design experience to define, design & implement discrete services & building blocks for analytics, and machine learning workflow, and orchestration tools
- Design, develop and maintain data pipeline and automation framework(s) for batch, event, and streaming data in a cloud-native environment
- Design and implement a framework for data source profiling for optimal query performance
- Develop data modeling standards, governance, automation frameworks, and developer tooling to standardize and accelerate data delivery across the organization
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems
- Running and delivering successful data science projects
- Design and implement data models for APIs/Events/Batch based systems and data integration
- Build end-to-end data pipelines from source to target, ensuring data quality, consistency, and observability using DataOps principles
- Coach and mentor fellow and junior engineers
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
- Writing and maintaining related documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development delivery accountability, metadata-driven automation, and developer efficiency tooling
- Hands-on experience with data lakes, and with cloud-native data warehouses or lake house formations
- Hands-on experience with cloud-native data solutions enabling Analytics, Operational, Data Science, and ML use cases
- Hands-on experience with large-scale event-driven and streaming solutions in a cloud-native environment
- 3+ years of advanced SQL and scripting (Spark, python, bash, etc.) development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Nice to Have
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar analytical field
- Experience working/collaborating with Master Data Management, Metadata Management, and Data Governance
- Experience working closely with a data science team
- Experience with BI visualization tools (Tableau, Apache Superset preferred)
- Hands-on Experience with orchestration and data science workflow tools
#BI-Remote Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world. Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.