Continuing our journey towards a truly global consulting organization, with our region at the forefront of cross-border collaboration and smart delivery, a Europe West Tech Hub is being established in Portugal, focusing on leading-edge SAP, Cyber and Analytics capabilities which are on-strategy for Consulting and another essential star in the constellation of the regional Technology Consulting hub-and-spoke model.
The Tech Hub acts as a provider of subject matter expertise, solid strategy, solution architecture design and delivery capabilities to local teams in all Europe West markets, from the early stages of demand generation and pursuit leadership, all the way through to delivery and support.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Data Scientist Manager is focuses on architecting solutions and managing client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of clients to deliver tech consulting services, and managing business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts. You will have the opportunity to lead and develop your skill set to keep up with the ever-growing demands of the data science landscape. As a key leader within the firm, you will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. You will provide our clients with a unique perspective on how data science and analytics can transform & improve their entire organization – starting with key business issues they face.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Leading large-scale client engagements. Fostering relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget;
- Monitoring progress, managing risk and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes;
- Provides directional guidance and recommendations around data technology, data models, data storage and data analytics;
- Managing expectations of client service delivery;
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business;
- Effectively managing and motivating client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Providing constructive on- the- job feedback/coaching to team members;
- Fostering an innovative and inclusive team- oriented work environment. Playing an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization;
- Cultivating and managing business development opportunities. Developing and maintaining long- term client relationships and networks;
- Assisting in the strategy and implementation of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Big Data, and modern Information Management.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree, or MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or Machine Learning. Ph. D. preferred;
- 5+ years hands-on experience with data science, big data, and data engineering;
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling;
- Ability to set up data and experimental platforms;
- R or SAS, Python, Java/C# and Scala;
- Machine learning using k-NN, naive bayes, decision trees, SVM experience required;
- Experience using data mining and statistical tools;
- Solid pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills;
- Recommendation engines, scoring systems, A/B testing;
- Knowledge and experience with one or more cloud available Machine Learning frameworks and tools such as Tensor Flow, PyTorch, ONNX, Weka, NumPy, PyMongo, etc.;
- Hands-on experience with analytics and big data technologies within Microsoft Azure, with some experiences in tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning, ML Ops, Azure Cognitive Services, Databricks or Synapse;
- Knowledge of using automated machine learning (AutoML) frameworks to enhance productivity;
- Foster collaboration between DevOps and machine learning operations (MLOps) teams;
- Thorough business understanding of data science application and ability to communicate with key decision-makers;
- Communication is essential, must be able to listen and understand the question and develop and deliver clear insights;
- Outstanding team player;
- Independent and able to manage and prioritize workload;
- Ability to quickly and positively adapt to change.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience with open source platforms like R Studio Connect;
- Experience with ETL, ELT, data ingestion/cleansing and engineering skills;
- Extensive experience connecting to various data sources and structures: APIs, NoSQL, RDBMS, Hadoop, S3, Blob Storage, Data Lake, etc.;
- MS Certification: Azure Data Scientist Associate.
What We Look For
We're interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Data and AI industry. We want a customer-focused professional who is motivated to drive the creation of great enterprise products and who can collaborate and partner with other product teams, and engineers. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.