Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
The Bureau of African Affairs (AF) plays a critical role in supporting the development and management of U.S. policy on the African continent concerning trade, security, and governance. Significant resources are expended every year to support these efforts. It is critical for AF to effectively measure program performance to understand the impact of resources, to inform future programming decisions based on rigorous evidence, to comply with United States Government standards for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and performance management, and be accountable and transparent for reporting results to State leadership, Congress, and U.S. citizens.
Responsibilities includes analyzing large and complex data sets, including a thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses; selecting and applying the appropriate analytical techniques in order to increase organizational efficiency and providing knowledge of data science applications to extract knowledge to help predict, explain, or analyze research questions. The candidate will also have advanced experience with automated data connections including APIs. The candidate will coordinate with non-technical users to identify data analytics needs support and use facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience or familiarity with AF Bureau activities and comfort in working with cross-functional teams to present, analyze, update, and view technical data sets with qualitative and statistical analysis. The candidate must have the ability to translate complex problem sets, metrics and assessments into coherent, communications products to brief senior-level officials.
The candidate is responsible for attending meetings on program development and coordinating with other State Department Bureaus and Offices. Successful candidates will have experience with program management and policy analysis, work well in a collaborative environment, think creatively, thrive under pressure, and be able to adjust to shifting priorities quickly. Candidates will possess effective diplomatic, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, international security studies, political science, Stats, or equivalent Data Analysis/Analytics field.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 years of relevant experience supporting U.S. government agencies
- Experience with data analytics software including Python or R.
- Experience creating relational databases such as MS Access, ability to do statistical analysis, and well versed in analyzing large datasets
- Strong open source research skills to assist Guidehouse team in identifying or updating datasets
- Skilled in oral and written communication to prepare and present analyses, draft talking points, and develop other program reports and documents for senior officials
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail and experience with working in collaborative team environment
- Active SECRET level security clearance required
- Africa regional experience
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail and experience with working in collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Tableau
- Outstanding communication, diplomacy, teamwork, and project management skills.
- Advanced degree in international relations, international security studies, political science, or equivalent
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program