The Senior Data Analyst is adept at working with business and systems partners to turn project requirements into technical specifications to build custom-formatted, fit-for-purpose reports, data sets, data services and data interfaces. The candidate applies a strong knowledge of life-cycle data generation to be able to outline critical information, analyze business procedures, and recommend specific types of data than can be used to improve them.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Use stakeholder knowledge and other available resources to research, to facilitate discovery, and to analyze and evaluate options for data solutions. Provide recommendations to team and project leads.
- Produce consistent, accurate and complete data requirements and definitions for complex projects.
- Develop current state processmaps and identify digitization opportunities with data, analytics and Master data management solutions
- Work with business users and others to understand their business functions and processes in order to help them define business intelligence, analytic and reporting requirements. Assist in crafting data and metadata requirements for systems that are complete and unambiguous.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful data sets and reports.
- Work with management team and other leads to prioritize needs for business segments.
- Identify and recommend new, innovative ways to streamline data-centric processes.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base or the consumer population, or within a specified segment or business processing area.
- Work with departmental managers and business stake holders to outline data needs for analytical, reporting and data integration projects.
- Define and manage test data sets for integration testing, problem analysis, business and technical analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer baking/financial products and business processes
- Experience doing data discovery and analysis work with one or more commonly-used business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, SAS, Qlik, Oracle, Cognos, Microsoft, Information Builders, etc.
- Experience working with various operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux) and database management systems (Redshift, Oracle, MS-SQL, etc).
- Ability to collaborate effectively, take initiative and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Data exploration experience using both SQL and not-only-SQL tools and techniques.
- Data design or data management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Agile process is preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially banking.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- 7 years of experience as described above and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer science
- Or 5 years of experience as described above and a Master’s Degree in those disciplines
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:30AM – 5:00PM
#LI-Sourcer1Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran