Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com .
- Design and research algorithms for development and deployment of systematic Alpha strategies used in medium/low frequency trading.
- Emphasis is on development of scalable strategies leveraging machine learning/ computational intelligence as appropriate to extract robust, demonstrable, persistent systematic alpha.
- Use scientific methods, statistical learning, and possibly alternative data to produce actionable insights. Creativity encouraged.
- Work closely with Alpha Strategy centres in London, New York, and Singapore to absorb, implement, and extend best practices for data analysis, development, productionisation, and deployment.
- Apply sound software engineering following ‘Agile’ practices in building, testing, and rollout phases to create robust systematic trade recommendation systems beyond an experimentation environment.
- Minimum a Masters’ degree in Computer Science/Quantitative Finance/Mathematics/Engineering/Finance from an accredited education institution.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Data Science/ Machine learning role in developing quantitative trading, investment strategies in Financial Markets and experience in implementing advanced Machine Learning prediction pipelines.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software engineering, optimisation, and advanced Python, CI/CD, and productionisation systems such as Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS, CircleCI and Linux.
- Ability to write clean, scalable, tested production-ready code and well-verse with common data science and machine learning libraries.
- Familiarity with Big Data Analysis, Neural Networks, and/or Reinforcement Learning and other Machine Learning approaches for forecasting.
- Preferred knowledge of modelling, risk management, pre- and post-trade analytics.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all organisational levels.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER : This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.