Get to know the team:
The Product Analytics team’s mission is to advance product innovation with analytics and experimentation best practices. We ship a large number of features every week and that means tuning models, evaluating changes and running hundreds of experiments weekly. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to build a center of data excellence for Product & experimentation in the ride hailing industry. Your role is to help product teams be more data-driven, objective and provide guidance for design of controlled experiments. You will help developers, designers & product managers across the company with recommendations on how to learn from unexpected results, study underlying causes for them and iterate on the next set of products to build for our users.
Get to know the role:
- Provide thought leadership and generate data-driven hypotheses to solve key Product/Business problems
- Develop mixed effect, causal inference models to understand interaction effects or product configurations that are working sub optimally
- Build and manage anomaly detection systems to intelligently alert slow-moving changes or sudden anomalies in product or system metrics
- Localize, tune in-production models to new cities / markets to enable product velocity
- Partner closely with the broader product and engineering team to design and analyze experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Develop analytics tools to help datateam and other disciplines be more effective at debugging, data summarization and at analysis of results.
The must haves:
- 3+ years relevant industry experience (preferably in an Internet or ‘Direct to Consumer’ company with high velocity data and scaled controlled experiments). Prior experience with Product management will be a definite plus
- Strong statistical knowledge - ideally having utilized controlled experiments in the industry.
- Experience with data analysis / scripting / programming tools, including but not limited to Python, R or SQL.Experience in Spark (Scala / pySpark) would be a plus.
- Strong data visualization skills. Experience in creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool is a plus.
- Self-Starter. Ability to work independently and drive own projects.
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail