A Data Engineer/Architect is responsible for developing and maintaining an advanced data ecosystem. Duties include coordinating with company Executives and other professionals to create unique data infrastructure, running tests on their designs to isolate errors and updating systems to accommodate changes in company needs. This role is responsible for implement systems across departments.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Utilize Big Data technologies to design, develop, and evolve scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the companies Big Data ecosystems.
- Responsible for the design and execution of abstractions and integration patterns (APIs) to solve complex distributed computing problems.
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Building analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Working with stakeholders including data, design, product, and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Adhere to Department and Company policies and processes.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Bachelors degree in data science or data architecture or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to design, create and maintain data ecosystems.
- Ability to design and use data structures, entity diagrams, ETL/ELT methodologies, Data Cleansing, Big Data, structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Amazon Web Services
- Azure Services
- Google Cloud
- Apache Storm
- SQL Server
- System use experience:
Physical Demands: Computer interaction looking at screen for long periods of time, using keyboard, sitting/standing. Listening, hearing, talking.