Job Title: Business Data Analyst
Salary: £30k to £38k doe + benefits
Business Area: Telecoms
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hybrid Working Available
Join Kier, connect to your future.
We are Kier, one of the UK’s leading construction and infrastructure services, working on projects such as BT and City Fibre.
Kier Utilities connects our telecoms clients’ customers to the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new fibre networks.
With a nationwide 5G fibre build planned over the next 10-15 years, it’s a great time to work in Telecoms. Working for Kier you’ll be at the forefront of this growing market, providing you with opportunity to expand your skills and achieve your career ambitions within a dynamic and passionate team.
Your role as a Business Data Analyst
Working as a Data Analyst on our Openreach Contract you will be based at our Basingstoke depot. This role will be required to collect, process, and analyse data relating to various business functions, to support the management teams in decision making across the operational business workstreams.
Key Responsibilities of a Business Data Analyst
- Extracting information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Organising and transforming information into comprehensible structures
- Performing statistical analysis of data
- Using tools and techniques to visualise data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Preparing reports to be presented to management and clients
- Identifying and recommending new ways to improve efficiencies by streamlining business processes
- Produce accurate forecasts based on previous data samples
- Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting across multiple contract work streams
- Communicating across departments, clients, and stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
To be a successful Business Data Analyst we need from you
- Strong analytical skills and IT skills
- Capacity to work with large amounts of data
- Ability to pay attention when working with data to make accurate conclusions and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- In depth knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analyst techniques
What we can offer you
At Kier, we’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs.
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), together with two employee Share Scheme options (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan).
Some of our other benefits include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- Kier’s Green Car Scheme
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family, as well as 4x Life Assurance as standard, with the option for Partner Life Assurance cover
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
Find out more here https://www.kier.co.uk/careers/rewards-benefits )
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds, and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. If you’d like to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion at Kier, you can contact the team by emailing InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these.
Closing Date: 2nd September 2022
- Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.