As a global marketing experience company, Quad’s goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven integrated marketing and manufacturing platform to streamline solutions for our clients, reduce friction and enhance their marketing spend effectiveness. We’ve built a rich legacy by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and to take charge of their own success. Whether an operator, sales rep, a graphic artist or a clinician, we’re all driven to perform at our best— for ourselves and our clients. At our core, we’re a company that believes we can always create a better way.
Quad is seeking to fill the role of Data Engineer
to assist the agency in the development and management of data-processing workflows across a variety of clients. The position is hands on, and the candidate should be comfortable with the varying facets of data science leadership, design, and execution. The role requirements include the ability to design workflows that encapsulate various acquisition, hygiene, and transformative requirements while supporting automation and scalability. The candidate should be able to provide solutions across a variety of platforms to clients both inside and outside the agency, primarily supporting the greater analytic team. In addition, the ability to assess/engage/lead other associates in pursuit of a successful client engagement is highly desirable.Responsibilities
- Perform ETL/hygiene on disparate data from a variety of sources. Integrate that data into a variety of platforms.
- Ability to establish/oversee project engagement across multiple team members and guide to successful outcome.
- Ability to lead the team in pursuit of best practices in the realm of data processing.
- Build complex SQL queries to resolve analytic-focused requests.
- Understand/Implement performance-tuning of processes.
- Create complex data structures supporting specific analytic consumption in SQL Server and/or Snowflake.
- Be able to use a variety of tools to develop integrated systems in support of recurring analytic processes.
- Evaluate the viability of external tools/data for adoption into the team’s methodologies.
- Translate client business needs into programmatic solutions and design/develop/manage the subsequent implementation.
- Regularly identify opportunities for internal process enhancement.
- Extract insights from data and provide recommendations to improve our clients’ marketing efforts.
- Ability to evaluate various programmatic tools/approaches to determine the best platform.
- Interface with clients to understand their needs and subsequently design/manage/build inspiring solutions.
- Implement diligent process/results auditing to ensure QC.
- BA/BS in Programming, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- 3+ Years Programming experience using SQL, Python, Spark
- Experience building workflows in the AWS ecosystem for data processing needs
- Comfortable working on a variety of data platforms including Snowflake and MSSQL
- Experience with Alteryx a plus
- Intellectually curious, resourceful, with business savvy
- Experience with media or marketing campaigns either from client-side work or agency-side experience.
- Collaborative, problem solving mindset
- Clear and concise communication skills
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.