Supports the execution of accurate and efficient reporting solutions for risk, regulatory and management information to internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies. Supports an efficient and effective risk management function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level performance and minimizes risk.
- Designs, develops, and implements reporting solutions to meet management and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical and reporting solutions.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for scheduled reporting production processes.
- Supports the maintenance, monitoring, and measurement of key risk indicators to internal & external stakeholders.
- Analyses data and information to provide risk-related insights and recommendations for the assigned portfolio e.g. capital at risk modeling, risk/return assessments, etc.
- Supports the interpretation of internal and external policies and regulatory requirements relevant to the analytics and reporting mandate e.g. regulatory reporting.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data sources from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Ensures strong governance and effective controls across risk reporting activities and information in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Analyzes data and highlights significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures; escalates as required.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal and external audits.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports the maintenance of operational procedures and processes related to analytical and reporting processes.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on awareness and understanding of key data elements used in risk reporting.
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of core business processes to ensure the accuracy of risk data used in reporting.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the sourcing, validation, analysis, and reconciliation of data used for FR 2052a, CCAR FR Y-14, FR 2028D, FR Y-9C, FFIEC031/041, and FDIC 370 Regulatory reporting
- Analyze commercial and consumer loan and portfolio data, advising management of trends and any significant changes in the quantity and quality of the data elements being reported
- Analyze data related to securities, derivatives, repos, and other trading products advising management of trends and any significant changes in the quantity and quality of the data elements being reported
- Perform prescribed analysis and ad hoc portfolio monitoring/reporting activities as assigned
- Perform prescribed data extraction and reporting activities as directed
- Typically between 1 – 2 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study e.g., Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, MIS, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or equivalent)
- This is an entry level role - new graduates with relevant experience are welcomed to apply
- Prior internship in Data Analytics and experience using SQL and PYTHON preferred.
- Knowledge of data governance and data management principles and processes
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Experience and an enthusiastic interest in gaining additional experience in areas such as risk/portfolio management and analysis, banking/trading product operations, finance/accounting, information systems, and/or retail/commercial lending are required
- Strong natural affinity for structuring and organizing large amounts of data in order to satisfy continually evolving reporting needs
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced team environments
- Results oriented and delivery focused
- Adaptable to frequently changing reporting requirements and varied work assignments
- Able to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required as part of production regulatory reporting activities when necessary to meet submission deadlines.
- Knowledge of risk management metrics, KPIs and KRIs.
- Knowledge of industry trends and regulatory requirements for risk reporting.
- Product knowledge for the designated business/portfolio.
- Knowledge of risk management theory, processes and portfolio management reporting techniques.
- Knowledge of reporting & analytics concepts and applications.
- Knowledge of risk systems technology.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
This role is based out of the Chicago or Milwaukee office and the successful candidate will be required to work in the office on a Hybrid model.
Compensation and Benefits:
$37,800.00 - $54,000.00
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group’s hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked.
Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group’s total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: www.bmousbenefits.com.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/us/en
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.