Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The Senior Data Engineer will work as a part of the Bank Data Squad to build an environment that allows our business customers and partners to access the data they need painlessly while building their skills sets to draw substantial insights from the data.
You will partner with stakeholders in understanding data and using the data to build data environments to helps our business customers to build models, reports and dashboards while ensuring adherence to Manulife’s IT Security and Risk guidelines.
Your daily tasks will be to develop, maintain, and test data pipelines, application framework, infrastructure for data generation; works closely with Data Scientists and business customers to enable their work.Primary Responsibilities
Required Knowledge And Skills
- Builds, codes, tests, maintain high quality data solutions.
- Participates in Agile sprints and ceremonies; supports rapid iteration and development.
- Translates data user requirements into data solutions/software requirements.
- Crafts and conducts automated tests, continuously integrating code into the overall software framework.
- Completes and ensures completion of any required documentation required e.g. deployment, maintenance, support and business needs.
- Researches technical strategies, third party tools, and current and new technologies to deal with emerging technical issues and improve development efficiency
- Promotes agile principles and methodology
What can we offer you?
- 5 + years of previous data engineering experience, with 2+ years of experience working in enabling azure related data technologies.
- Good knowledge of Azure Data Lake Gen2, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks.
- Proven understanding of Python, Spark, PowerBI and T-SQL
- Knowledge of Azure networking – Subnets, private endpoints, firewalls etc.
- Knowledge of Jenkins – using pipelines for deployment.
- Knowledge of implementing azure technologies and networking via terraform.
- Azure AI, ML is a plus.
Our commitment to you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
- Values-first culture We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.