Responsibilities / Tasks
GEA Digital stands for the digitalization of GEA's customer interface, the development of digital products and services, and the creation of new business models. To this end, the Digital Hub Duesseldorf works together with the digital units of all divisions and provides GEA-wide platforms, services and methods.
The GEA Digital Hub itself operates as a corporate start-up and drives agile, digital transformation across the company.
We are now looking for you as a Data Engineer to advance the data capabilities and services/systems for our divisional digital units. As part of our team, you will contribute to the development of our customer offerings based on IIoT data. You’re passionate about working with data? You know that data is far from perfect and love to solve this challenge? Then join our team!
- You build data products & pipelines with a focus on IIoT data
- Create tools & frameworks which simplify working with data – for yourself and colleagues like domain matter experts or data scientists
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, guiding and supporting them from ideation to production phase of a data product
- Improve our data platform and evaluate new products and solutions
- You engage in our data engineering / science guild and use your experience to enhance the data capabilities of colleagues across the organization
- Keep your knowledge up-to date by actively leveraging training resources and dedicated support provided by our partners like Databricks / Microsoft or joining relevant tech conferences.
Your Profile / Qualifications
- A relevant degree or alternatively a track record in Data Engineering teams
- Proven experience in the field of Data Engineering
- 3+ years development experience in at least one language (preferred Python) and solid SQL skills
- Proficiency using analytics frameworks like Spark / Databricks and using hyperscalers (Azure preferred)
- Prior experience in IIoT related data is welcome, but not a prerequisite
- Fluent in English
Did we spark your interest?
Then please click apply above to access our guided application process.