Who we are
Codepan is a boutique agency focused on building innovative, AI driven products & solutions for clients; we are a team of passionate data scientists, product builders and technologists bridging the gap between the power and potential of AI research and companies’ ability to harness AI technologies to deliver real business value.
Our purpose is to use data science technology to build beautiful software products
Our vision is to be the innovation partner for top companies in the European Union
Our mission is to partner with industry leaders to make their businesses more profitable through harnessing modern AI technologies
Our strategy is to ideate, build MVPs and evolve products for our clients
About the role
We are looking for a curiosity driven, self-motivated and results-driven senior data scientist who enjoys hands-on involvement in building products and solutions with a strong focus on business value and impact.
As a part of the team, you will...
- develop and implement algorithms
- partner with a variety of clients across different industry domains
- contribute to our various client project / product development phases - starting with the design stage, through tuning, testing and up to delivery
- drive new ideas and improve existing algorithms, optimize solutions and solve practical challenges
- analyze and attain better understanding of client data sets and translate business problems to ML solutions
- implement best practices for machine learning models as well as monitor their performance in production
- contribute to the innovation processes, best practices and coding standards in our team
- collaborate with the product and engineering teams to balance technical value work with feature work (e.g. refactoring, performance improvements)
In terms of skills and experience, you have...
- Proficiency in Python
- 4+ years working experience with industry data science and machine learning projects
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly prototype as well as to write production-ready code
- A solid understanding of data science and machine learning concepts and applications
- A strong understanding and experience implementing machine learning algorithms
- Experience implementing Machine Learning frameworks (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch etc.)
- Experience and interest in the fields of data science and machine learning research (NLP, Computer Vision, Time Series etc.), including both academic literature and industry tools
- Experience with Machine Learning Deployment and Management Tools (Flask/Django APIs, Docker, Kubernetes, Mlflow etc.)
- Experience working as part of a tech team (Git, sprints, agile etc.)
- A practical mindset and a thoughtful understanding of the opportunities and challenges of applying machine learning solutions in the real world
As a plus, you have...
- Experience with Cloud Services and Architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Experience with Database Management (SQL, Postgres etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment techniques and especially familiarity developing and maintaining ML algorithms for SaaS products
We offer you...
- a focused and collaborative environment that leverages diverse perspectives
- opportunities to thrive through autonomy, challenging tasks, work on latest technology trends as well as collaboration with industry leaders and experts
- a company culture built on integrity, trust, openness and passion
- a flexible schedule and remote working opportunity
- an attractive compensation package with bonus pay
- an office in a repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg