Senior Data Scientist (Computer Vision)
Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Research team. This is an exciting time to join our company and a chance to be part of an established and successful product development team.
Apply the latest machine learning and computer vision technologies to process identity documents:
- Design & implement identity document-based algorithms for use in digital onboarding & identity authentication solutions
- Develop identity document processing algorithms for use in digital on-boarding solutions using state-of-the-art knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, image processing, & computer vision
- Create solutions to perform document authentication, detect tampered documents, & prevent document fraud
- Write product code to run on servers and smartphones
- Test, evaluate, and configure identity document solutions
- Create tools for data processing, labelling, and analysis
- Apply your expertise in identity documents, document authentication, document capture, computer vision, & image processing
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Passionate about AI and identity documents
- Experience in developing & training complex state-of-the-art algorithms
- Strong machine learning and computer vision background (experience applying these techniques to identity document processing is a bonus)
- Proficiency in C++ & Python
- Proven experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- Working knowledge of image processing libraries & toolkits, including OpenCV and other open-source libraries
- Ideally, have commercial experience with identity document capture & validation under visible light
- Experience in low-resourced domains or using unsupervised/lightly supervised learning techniques is a bonus
- Experience in collecting and generating training data
- A quick learner with strong mathematical aptitude
At Daon, we know that ability comes in different shapes. We value passion, dedication, and a willingness to learn. Please consider applying if your experience is close to what we are looking for, as we believe that diversity is a fundamental strength.
- Ph.D or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, a Maths related field, or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment to create a
very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family
And much more!