Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive — and rapidly growing. Your daily work here will cause millions of people to spark meaningful connections. Our small, dedicated engineering team has one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, which makes every member of the team critical to our success. We are looking for a great candidate to help us explore a vast amount of data and derive knowledge from it that can be used to improve our product. If you are a relentless problem-solver and can transform large amounts of data into sound recommendations to improve the user experience, we want to hear from you.
In this Senior Machine Learning Engineering role, you will:
- Work with big data (1.6B+ user swipes per day)
- Work on exciting problems for recommendations to improve the user experience
- Develop data-driven approaches to understand user profiles
- Design deep learning models for computer vision and natural language processing
- Design and implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks such as Spark
We're looking for:
- PhD or MS in machine learning, computer science, statistics or other highly quantitative fields
- 4+ years professional experience
- Hands-on experience in designing and building highly scalable distributed ML models
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
Bonus points if you have:
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- In-depth knowledge of deep neural networks, classification techniques, computer vision, and natural language processing
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Experience with AWS
- Proficiency in deep learning framework: Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- A strong record of publications in top conferences such as NIPS, ICML, and KDD.
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.