Exceptional opportunity to play a key role in supporting the Credit Risk Technology team and will act as a SME to deliver strategic insights and storytelling to enable action plans and business recommendations.
How will I help?
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will play a key role in supporting the Credit Risk Technology team and will act as a SME to deliver strategic insights and storytelling to enable action plans and business recommendations. You will partner with Credit Risk team to analyse, communicate, and validate data requirements at each phase for technology project changes.
- Complete data lineage activities for data traceability including documentation
- Be able to understand and clearly articulate the role data elements play from origination through to delivery
- Partner with the Credit Risk Technology team to develop appropriate requirements and interpret into end-to-end design and development
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives by proactively identifying opportunities through data analysis
What’s in it for you?
You will build your profile internally with senior stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. You'll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you’ll receive Westpac’s generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts.
What do I need?
- Several years’ experience in a similar role ideally gained within a large financial services, telco, or multinational organisation
- Experience interpreting large data sets and clarifying the business need/opportunity/problem into technology solutions for process re-engineering or business transformation initiatives.
- Deep expertise in technology and business systems strategically and operationally.
- Experience in facilitating inclusive workshops
- Experience using SQL and or Saas tools
- In addition, you will be a driven self-starter with a passion for data, insights, and technology, you will be a curious to learn and uncover new ways of working and be a collaborative team member with an inclusive outlook.
What is it like to work there?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you’ll get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We’ll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. We aim to provide one big, supportive team of people who love helping others succeed. Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we’re proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We have developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they are working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.
The Westpac Group has implemented an Entry to Workplace Policy that requires employees and others entering our workplaces to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by relevant dates set out in the policy (subject to applicable medical exemptions). Our employees are required to comply with the policy regardless of whether they are in customer-facing or non-customer-facing roles (as employees in non-customer-facing roles are required to attend the workplace under our Hybrid Working Strategy). Further, the Westpac Group is required to comply with State/Territory issued public health orders/directions which require relevant workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter workplaces.
By applying for this role, you acknowledge that you are aware of our Entry to Workplace Policy, and if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.