TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
The Business Risk Integrated Control (BRIC) team is missioned to:
- Protect TikTok users, including and beyond content consumers, creators, advertisers;
- Secure platform health and community experience authenticity;
- Build infrastructures, platforms and technologies, as well as to collaborate with many cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
The BRIC team works to minimize the damage of inauthentic behaviors on TikTok platforms (e.g. TikTok, CapCut, Resso, Lark), covering multiple classical and novel community and business risk areas such as account integrity, engagement authenticity, anti spam, API abuse, growth fraud, live streaming security and financial safety (ads or e-commerce), etc.
In this team you'll have a unique opportunity to have first-hand exposure to the strategy of the company in key security initiatives, especially in building scalable and robust, intelligent and privacy-safe, secure and product-friendly systems and solutions. Our challenges are not some regular day-to-day technical puzzles -- You'll be part of a team that's developing novel solutions to first-seen challenges of a non-stop evolvement of a phenomenal product eco-system. The work needs to be fast, transferrable, while still down to the ground to making quick and solid differences.
- Build rules, algorithms and machine learning models, to respond to and mitigate business risks in ByteDance products/platforms. Such risks include and are not limited to abusive accounts, fake engagements, spammy redirection, scraping, fraud, etc.
- Analyze business and security data, uncover evolving attack motion, identify weaknesses and opportunities in risk defense solutions, explore new space from the discoveries.
- Define risk control measurements. Quantify, generalize and monitor risk related business and operational metrics. Align risk teams and their stakeholders on risk control numeric goals, promote impact-oriented, data-driven data science practices for risks.
- Bachelor or degrees above in computer science, statistics, math, internet security or other relevant STEM majors (e.g. finance if applying for financial fraud roles).
- Solid data science skills. Proficiency in statistical analytical tools, such as SQL, R and Python.
- Familarity with machine learning or social/content online platform analytics. Bonus given to proficiency in modern machine learning applications.
- Ability to think critically, objectively, rationally. Reason and communicate in result-oriented, data-driven manner. High autonomy.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com.