NG Bailey IT Services are currently recruiting a Data Engineer (Managed Services Engineer - Structured Cabling) with experience in both structured and voice cabling to support our contract covering responding to break fix / faults and minor projects across a portfolio of managed service contracts.
The Data Engineer will have experience of installation and fault finding of Structured and Voice Cabling systems and preferably hold the CNCI (Certified Network Cable Installer) qualification. You will be responsible for responding to any of our managed service contract break fix requests as per the contract SLA's. It will be desirable to have experience as a service engineer of Electronic IP Security Systems.
The Engineer will be working in a region supporting clients in the Worcestershire / Gloucestershire area.Responsibilities
- Be responsible in ensuring all calls allocated are delivered within NG Bailey’s clients Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Monitor the quality and productivity against programme and maintain daily site records and reports.
- Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.
- Have evident experience of the installation of Structured and Voice Cabling Systems & Live Customer Sites.
- Be fully conversant with the setup and operation of Fluke Analysers
- Locate and rectify faults on structured cabling systems
- Work from construction drawings
You will have:
- Driving License (Required for call-outs and general travel)
- Evident experience working as a service engineer on call for Electronic IP security Systems.
- Experience in the install, maintenance and repair or Telecommunications infrastructure using CAT5E, CAT6, CAT6a and both MM and SM delivery.
- The ability to fault find on said delivery systems and have an underpinning knowledge of these systems. experience in all aspects of voice (tels) delivery from the MDF to the end user
- UKATA (CAT A) Asbestos Awareness - Desirable
- Manual Handling
- Working at Height
- IOSH Working Safely - Desirable
- PASMA/IPAF - Desirable
- Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI) - Desirable
- Accreditation NACCOSS – NSI Certification - Desirable
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
You will be working as part of a team, we're committed to creating a culture where we treat each other fairly and with respect, recognising everyone as an individual
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.