If you are passionate about data, architecture, software development and analytics with first-hand experience with AWS, Hadoop, data warehousing, data integration, and API development; if you believe in modern software development methods, teamwork, creativity and collaboration within a diverse development environment to produce the next generation of data & analytics platforms and services, we are interested in talking to you.
Ally is seeking a Data Engineer in the Enterprise Data & Analytics organization based in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have personal experience implementing data lakes and data analytics in Oracle, AWS and/or Snowflake. Hands-on experience building data ingestion, data homogenization & data preparation, data quality checking and management, structured and unstructured data processing, relational and no SQL data processing and applications, API development, advanced analytics, and business intelligence. Experience with modern self-service data capabilities, data management and governance, data modeling, and data architecture is also a plus.
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as DataStage, Java, Python, Scala and object-oriented approaches in building prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility
- Design, develop, test, and implement data-driven solutions to meet business requirements, ability to quickly identify an opportunity and recommend possible technical solutions by working with third party vendors
- Provide business analysis and develop ETL code to meet all technical specifications and business requirements according to the established architectural designs
- Extracting business data from multiple structured and unstructured data sources, utilizing data pipeline to ingest data in Enterprise Data Lake - hybrid environment
- Experience in Custom Data pipeline development (Cloud and in-house local) and migrate data from large-scale data environments – Oracle, SQL server with experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines
- Deploys application code and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models using Jenkins, GitHub
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software for next generation Big Data and Cloud applications
- Performing unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to ensure code is designed with high code coverage by code scans using Sonarqube, checkmarx
- Willing to take ownership of pipeline and can communicate concisely and persuasively to varied audience including data provider, engineering and analysts.
- Ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of related technical experience and specialist level knowledge of Java, Python
- 1+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies – Spark, AWS, Kafka, Hive, API Handling, CDH
- Cloud experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in Data technologies and tools like DataStage, Spark, Kafka, Hive and NiFi
- Experience in Cloud Technologies: AWS ecosystem and Snowflake database
- Experience in API Development and Handling is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, aid and resolve problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to explain technical concepts to business partners
- Self-motivated and capable of delivering results with minimal ongoing direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities in parallel
- Automation mind-set - an innate drive to continuously look for ways to automate existing processes
- Experience working on Agile Scrum teams
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally’s Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family - parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child-care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.